Weird R&D behaviour (1.982)

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Hyronymus
Level 3 user
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Weird R&D behaviour (1.982)

Post by Hyronymus »

Playing with 1.982 I get weird R&D messages. I stopped research in 2 units of a R&D center to hook them up to the other 7 units for inventing a new product. When another research was finished in this R&D center suddenly those 2 units were researching again!

I also had one message claiming my research for Headache Pills was ready where I am positive that I never ever researched it, instead I was researching Electric Components. Is anyone else able to replicate this weird R&D behaviour?

EDIT: added screesnhots
Attachments
Queued units.jpg
Queued units.jpg (373.92 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Empty units.jpg
Empty units.jpg (365.69 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Purifier
Level 5 user
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 am

Re: Weird R&D behaviour (1.982)

Post by Purifier »

Not sure what you mean Hyronymus. Looking at the screenshots its just that the units are linked wrong. I have never seen anything happen like you describe :s
mwyeoh
Level 6 user
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:05 am

Re: Weird R&D behaviour (1.982)

Post by mwyeoh »

Or if you have a CTO, he may have changed it too. Currently there is no way to stop the CTO from changing it
Hyronymus
Level 3 user
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Re: Weird R&D behaviour (1.982)

Post by Hyronymus »

mwyeoh wrote:Or if you have a CTO, he may have changed it too. Currently there is no way to stop the CTO from changing it
Oh, I do have one and now that you mention it that sort of makes sense too: he doesn't like people to idle at R&D's :). If that really works like that I propose a setting where you can or can't let the CTO fully manage your research centers.
Post Reply