What do you mean by lowering market prices of 3 or 4 random companies? What actions exactly have you taken on this?I only put my money in lowering market prices of 3 or 4 random companies.
Well, this is somehow like the real life. You can profit from a booming stock market, and even more so on stock market bubbles.Actually, as soon as i saw "boom" or "expansion" in business information, I invested all my money, and in 3 months I had +25% or even +38%. I just had to sell it, and build another falling star.
I don't think with other ways you can make so much money in so little time.
In the real life, it is also possible that the stocks you have sold may rise again and make new record highs, in another boom-bust-cycle. If that turns out to be the case, you might have sold the stock a bit too earlier and haven't maximized your profit.
In fact, this is what makes the new Cap Lab interesting - more opportunities and ways to reap profits from the capital market. But the nominated value of your cash does not indicate its true purchasing power because of inflation. So while a player may be happy with increased cash over time, taking into account of inflation, in the net purchasing power term, the player's wealth might actually have decreased.
FYI, you may check out this page about boom-bust-cycle at: http://www.capitalismlab.com/enhanced-m ... ation.html
In the real life, we all wonder why many hard working people do not make as much money as traders and speculators. In fact, it could be true that a lot of money is made during some time windows of opportunities which only last for a short period of time, and only a small percentage of people could take advantages of that. The vast majority of people will have to rely on the old, honest way of earning money with their time and labor. Isn't this true? If you think it is true, then Cap Lab has taken one step closer in simulating the real world.I don't think with other ways you can make so much money in so little time.