Limit AI Firms Script??

Discussions about scenario games and user-defined scripts.
kbanifaz

Limit AI Firms Script??

Post by kbanifaz »

Is there a script or way to limit the number of firms AI competitors and subsidiaries can have, specially in each category?

I have a subsidiary that just keep starting new factories and most of them are either idle or missing a key component. It's got 64 factories in just a few years, and close to going out of business. Would give alot more control to the player if we could limit the firms and types AI companies can have. I see the same thing with competitor AI companies, in one game, one of them had close to a 1,000 factories. Can we set a limit or max basically?
Stylesjl
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Limit AI Firms Script??

Post by Stylesjl »

kbanifaz wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:08 am Is there a script or way to limit the number of firms AI competitors and subsidiaries can have, specially in each category?

I have a subsidiary that just keep starting new factories and most of them are either idle or missing a key component. It's got 64 factories in just a few years, and close to going out of business. Would give alot more control to the player if we could limit the firms and types AI companies can have. I see the same thing with competitor AI companies, in one game, one of them had close to a 1,000 factories. Can we set a limit or max basically?
I don't think there is, but I would be quite interested to see what kind of game you have that would warrant over 1000+ factories.

This honestly sounds like the AI needs improvement, adding a bunch of money losing factories in an oversaturated market does not sound terribly rational.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

I do note the AI doesnt cope with peaks and troughs well, for isntance i build a new factory that requires other inputs, there is a sudden temporary shortage as my factory fills up, seemingly prompting AI to build factories to match this new demand.

Its made worse by the fact they will likely build 3 small and 3 medium factories as opposed to 1 mega factory.

They will also build new factories and stores before maxing floor levels in stores and maxing training level in firms. (please can we have an option "auto train firms to level x" so we dont have to either block the AI from training levels altogether or play constant wars where we put it up they drop it we put it back up).

I would be curious to know though, how have you set the sliders for low supply tolerance and backward integration.
kbanifaz

Post by kbanifaz »

I deleted the game, but I think it's the high backward integration with the combination of no imports. I think the environment I created had a lot to do with this, as every company basically went bankrupt. I've just started playing/messing with it, very cool game, but I think overall it could use more intelligence on the part of the AI companies.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I would recommend that you post your suggestion on the Suggestions forum at http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

I also suggest that you create a poll for your suggestion to gauge the community's interest in it. There would be a higher chance that the dev team will implement it if the interest level is high.

You could see some examples of the polls in the Suggestions forum at http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

For more info about new feature requests evaluation process, please see: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=7052