Duplicating a retail store

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
alpha117
Level 3 user

Duplicating a retail store

Post by alpha117 »

If I have a 'retail' that is selling more than one product and I duplicate that store to a different part of the same city, then only 'one' of the products, starts to 'sell' as you would expect, the other product, there is 'nothing', there is no input of the product.

If I setup another store in the same city with the same products all is good, Alll products start selling once the good are transported to the new store.

What have I mIssed?
Stylesjl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Re: Duplicating a retail store

Post by Stylesjl »

alpha117 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:28 pm If I have a 'retail' that is selling more than one product and I duplicate that store to a different part of the same city, then only 'one' of the products, starts to 'sell' as you would expect, the other product, there is 'nothing', there is no input of the product.

If I setup another store in the same city with the same products all is good, Alll products start selling once the good are transported to the new store.

What have I mIssed?
I am not sure what you mean: If you duplicate the store it will duplicate the purchase and sales units so that it will buy the products from the same supplier. It won't duplicate the actual goods.

Are you getting a situation where it isn't duplicating the purchase/sales units? If that is the case that is probably a bug.
alpha117
Level 3 user

Post by alpha117 »

Stylesjl wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:01 pm
alpha117 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:28 pm If I have a 'retail' that is selling more than one product and I duplicate that store to a different part of the same city, then only 'one' of the products, starts to 'sell' as you would expect, the other product, there is 'nothing', there is no input of the product.

What have I mIssed?
I am not sure what you mean: If you duplicate the store it will duplicate the purchase and sales units so that it will buy the products from the same supplier. It won't duplicate the actual goods.

Are you getting a situation where it isn't duplicating the purchase/sales units? If that is the case that is probably a bug.
It duplicates ALL sales/purchasing units, But 'sometimes' only one product will start to sell in the duplicated store, the other product the sales and purchase unit do nothing, theirs no supply or demands lines in the relevant units. No product arrives into the purchase unit.
Hope that makes sense

Thanks
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

I have experienced this once or twice, but never found how to reproduce it, sometimes if you clone buildings they don't seem to pick up the input, so you end up having to manually link them all anyway.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
alpha117
Level 3 user

Post by alpha117 »

Morning all,

I'm on 10.0.13, it seems random when the duplicated retail store does this. It does not happen when playing a scenerio, but happens in a 'custom game'. I'll try to reproduce and send the saved file

Thanks