Basic layouts

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Purifier
Level 5 user
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 am

Basic layouts

Post by Purifier »

Hiya all,

There are already a lot of layouts included in the game, but i never use those :lol:
Here are the 6 basic layouts i always use, just connect every dot (oe, setup the input resources and mft units to the right production) et voila, you have the most efficient factories one can build :)
I never have the mft units connected to the inventory when adding a layout. This is because in some production lines, the same resources combination can create multiple products.

I'll start with a single resource input layout used at the starting period of a new game (so when demand is not high yet):

Not much explanations needed, 1 input resource, 1 output resouce. It's expandable to a full cap (see 2nd picture below) layout, or add other output products. (for example silica - silicon and glass)
Half cap 1 resource input layout.png
Half cap 1 resource input layout.png (1.54 MiB) Viewed 12231 times
Next is the full capacity layout, 1 resource input, 1 resource output, option to add a 2nd sales unit, or a 5th mft unit.
full cap 1 resource input layout.png
full cap 1 resource input layout.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 12231 times
Here is a 1/3 cap layout for a 2 input 1 output. option to extend with a 2nd type of product (+ inv and/or sales unit).
1-3th cap 2 resource input layout.png
1-3th cap 2 resource input layout.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 12231 times
The full cap. layout for 2 input 1 output (or 2 product output, just switch the linking from 1 sales unit from inv to a mft.)
full cap 2 resource input layout.png
full cap 2 resource input layout.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 12231 times
Next a half cap. layout for a 3 input 1 output. With option to extend with a 2nd sales unit.
Half cap 3 resource input layout.png
Half cap 3 resource input layout.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 12231 times
And as last a full cap layout for 3 input 1 output, with option to add a 2nd sales unit (or 2 outputs, just add a sales unit in the rightdown unit.)
full cap 3 resource input layout.png
full cap 3 resource input layout.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 12231 times
Thats it for factory layouts.
R&D layouts are setup as wanted and/or needed so i won't put them here :P

Farm units in crops are basicly setup as 6 or 7 crop units + 1 inventory and 1 or 2 sales units. (most efficient if demand is high, is 6 crop+1 inv.+2 sales)
For livestock you need to keep in mind that 1 raising unit can supply 1 processing unit (this was different in cap2).
Here is the layout i mostly use. It gives to option from 1 output product up to 3 output products.
Livestock farm setup.png
Livestock farm setup.png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 12053 times
As last a little tip for shops. If demand requires you to setup a 2nd shop selling a product i recommend to not setup a 2nd advertising unit in that 2nd shop. But rather use it to connect a 2nd sales unit to a purchasing unit. If needed you can raise the advertising investment in the 1st shop, so the 2nd sales unit in the 2nd shop will give more profits for that product.
A sample pic below
shop layout.png
shop layout.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 12231 times
Ok thats it for now, i hope this will help people getting better profits :mrgreen:
Last edited by Purifier on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boxster77
Level 3 user
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Basic layouts

Post by Boxster77 »

Nice work, I can't wait for the retail version so I can make all my layouts with one product for each firm.
Purifier
Level 5 user
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 am

Re: Basic layouts

Post by Purifier »

yea one edit though:

In the farm layout i have found out that interconnecting raising and processing units like in the screenshot above doesnt always work. Interconnecting them can lead to a processing unit on the left or right getting less supply of livestock while the one in the middle gets oversupplied.
So connecting 1 raising unit to 1 processing unit is the best setup :)
fox_ger
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: Basic layouts

Post by fox_ger »

Big up for this! Helped alot..even after some years of C2 I still messed around with different setups. The flexibility for adjusting based on load is what I was looking for. :idea: :)
finnigan
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 am

Re: Basic layouts

Post by finnigan »

For livestock raising and processing I set up 3 raising tiles across the middle and four processing tiles in the corners, two sales units in the middle tiles top and bottom rows. I feed each of the processing corners two ways, one from the side and one from the middle. I've never run into short falls or oversupply using the 3 raising to 4 processing ratio. And having two sales units allows me to sell eggs/chicken, beef/milk,pork/wool etc. at least till demand for individual products forces one product type per farm. Even then simple change over. Can anyone tell me how to post a screen shot....I use other "discussable" layouts and typing them out is a real pain.
User avatar
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Basic layouts

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

finnigan wrote:Can anyone tell me how to post a screen shot....I use other "discussable" layouts and typing them out is a real pain.
I upload my pics to photobucket, which auto-generates the IMG tags to post in forums.
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/faq. ... bcode#f5r0

or

You can just click the "browse" button in the Upload Attachment sections when making a post and find the screenshot on your computer.
finnigan
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 am

Re: Basic layouts

Post by finnigan »

Thanks rogue. I do not have photobucket and my labtop do not allow windowed play, for whatever reason. I am currently working on a stock/real estate devolpment diversified company. So not much need for layouts but when I get home I'll give it try on the "big" computer where most of my layouts are saved. Thanks again for your reply.
zedd
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Re: Basic layouts

Post by zedd »

finnigan wrote:For livestock raising and processing I set up 3 raising tiles across the middle and four processing tiles in the corners, ....
Even 3 raising and 3 processing will give one processing unit working at 0% for me. I tried this in reverse though with 4 raising and 3 processing and got all processing working at full capacity. It seems one raising supply one processing at about 85%ish...
carpii
Level 3 user
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:49 pm

Re: Basic layouts

Post by carpii »

I don't understand this layout of yours...

Image

None of your manufacturing leads to sales depts, and inventory is linked to sales only.
How are you actually selling anything?

I always thought inventory had to be fed from a product dept (either buying or manufacture), and sales had to be fed from a supplier dept (inventory or manufacture)
Purifier
Level 5 user
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 am

Re: Basic layouts

Post by Purifier »

Sorry carpii, i've been out of the game for some (long) time.

I intensionaly do not connect the manufacturing units to the inventory units when building the plant.
This is because some combinations of raw recources can produce 2 or more products (like cpu+electronics+plastic = Notebook or Videogame console). So to prevent the inventory to load with products i dont want i connect them after i set the correct product in the manufacturing unit.
Post Reply