Bug: Brand awareness never reaches 80+

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Bug: Brand awareness never reaches 80+

Post by mwyeoh »

Hi David

Through all my playthroughs, no matter how much I spend on advertising, I have never been able to increase brand awareness past 80. I have reached a high of around 78, but never higher.
Surely once a brand is really well known, you are spending 2million a month on advertising and you have 75% of the market share (Or less), everyone in the city should know your brand name.

Im sure that everyone in pretty much all developed countries would know the names "Microsoft/Apple" and "Coke/Pepsi"
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Re: Bug: Brand awareness never reaches 80+

Post by mwyeoh »

Solved the problem. I just needed to advertise in one than one type of media outlet.
However, I still feel that this is unrealistic. It shouldnt matter how many types of media outlets you advertise in if you supply 75% of the city with your product
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I think the dev team want you to utilize more media firms as part of the gameplay. So that you can't own a media firm and just allocate all your media budget to it.
Keither
Level 3 user

Post by Keither »

Well, this is Capitalism not monopoly after all!
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

David wrote:I think the dev team want you to utilize more media firms as part of the gameplay. So that you can't own a media firm and just allocate all your media budget to it.
Heheheh in my game in 1 city im doing just that lol. Bought a newspaper for nearly 600M (its montly profit is near 18M so thats nice, it will only takes bout 4 years before it starts to make a profit for my company :p)
But basicly you 2 are saying that it will backfire on me when my brand awareness get above 70 ?
I've allocated all my stores in that city to use that newspaper as advertiser.