There are no goals available currently

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
ceomoses
Level 2 user

There are no goals available currently

Post by ceomoses »

I was playing the "Toys and Gadgets" script scenario. Then I recently had to transfer my Internet service to my new apartment, so I was without Internet for about a week. I continued to play my saved game when I got a message something to the effect of, "We've tried multiple times to connect to the server, but was unsuccessful. You can now only play loaded games."

When I went to my goals, all I see is a message stating, "There are no goals available currently." I figured this was part of the DRM. However, now that I've gotten my Internet connected at my apartment and am able to connect to the server again, I am still unable to get the goals back into my game.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: There are no goals available currently

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game by posting it here as a ZIP file attachment ?
ceomoses
Level 2 user

Post by ceomoses »

Sure. I think this one is the right one.
Attachments
MOSE_004.zip
(3.81 MiB) Downloaded 123 times
David

Post by David »

Please try the latest release version and see if the problem still persists. You may view info about the latest release version at: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=7&t=2015
ceomoses
Level 2 user

Post by ceomoses »

I came across the "no goals are currently available" problem again in the "Tech Leader" scenario, but now I have a different theory of what might be happening.

These scenarios have different subgoals. I'm wondering if this problem occurs to when I complete subgoal #1, collect the bonuses, and start working on subgoal #2. During the course of me striving for subgoal #2, something happens to where I no longer meet the criteria for subgoal #1. (for example, in my current "tech leader" scenario, I once had the tech lead for desktop computers over 100 and met the goal, then a competitor researched desktop computers so I no longer had the >100 lead.) I'm thinking this takes away my subgoal #2, but does not bring back subgoal #1, leaving me with no goals currently available.

This just happened to me, so I haven't tested my theory to confirm it.
ceomoses
Level 2 user

Post by ceomoses »

I have confirmed my suspicions with subgoals. If you meet subgoal #1, are given subgoal #2, then fall below the criteria needed for subgoal #1, subgoal #2 disappears, subgoal #1 doesn't reappear, leaving you with a "There are no goals available currently" message.

I have created a custom script to make it easy to reproduce this bug, which I have attached.

The goals in this script are for how much of your own company's stock you own. To complete subgoal #1, the player just needs to own 51% of their own corporation's stock. After completing subgoal #1, subgoal #2 is given for the player to own 60% of their own corporation's stock. If the player sells some of their stock to fall below the 51% needed for subgoal #1, subgoal #2 disappears, but subgoal #1 doesn't come back, leaving the message that "no goals are available currently."

If the player then repurchases their stock to get above the 51% mark again, subgoal #2 reappears.

To fix this issue, subgoal #1 needs to either reappear (perhaps without the rewards available for re-completing it, as you'd be double dipping on the rewards), or subgoal #2 should not become unavailable when falling below the original criteria for subgoal #1.
Attachments
subgoals_bug.zip
Script to make it easy to reproduce subgoals bug.
(688 Bytes) Downloaded 106 times
David

Post by David »

This bug has been fixed in the post-release beta version 2.6.01, which you may download from http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=2158