Marketing elements for telecommunications companies would be welcome.
Real telecom companies often operate pro-gamer teams and spend large amounts on marketing.
It would be good to support advertising through TV, newspapers, radio, etc., with associated costs.
Beyond simply requiring training costs related to user fees, a system that improves the overall communication speed (network quality) for all users of the telecom company as demand for high-speed service increases would be desirable.
Request to increase the overall land size.
After the version 12 release and the resulting frame-rate improvements, it should be possible to support a larger map.
In the late game, land becomes scarce, and land belonging to profitable companies is almost never released.
Introduction of a land tax.
Simply holding land should generate ongoing property tax that continuously exerts negative pressure on companies.
To avoid making the overall gameplay experience worse, please lower the base rates of other taxes and add a land tax.
Vacant land (with no buildings constructed) held by players or AI should be taxed at more than double the normal rate, so that land-banking is continuously pressured to sell.
Capitalism Lab Additional Feature Requests
-
Capital tourist
- Level 2 user
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Sun May 25, 2025 8:53 am
- Has thanked: 12 times
- Been thanked: 4 times
Re: Capitalism Lab Additional Feature Requests
I agree that something has to be done with passive land ownership. This erases the competitive dynamics of companies having effective operations and investments. The harder the game difficulty, the more evident it is.
- Stre3trat
- Mod Contributor

- Posts: 44
- Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2025 1:15 am
- Location: Midwest
- Has thanked: 20 times
- Been thanked: 17 times
- Contact:
Re: Capitalism Lab Additional Feature Requests
I second this one. I just started playing around with the telecom companies a couple nights ago. I actually figured I was just missing the advertising button when I didn't see it. kind of weird thinking about a telecom company without advertising. Last night I was looking to see if there was research instead and I didn't see nothing there either. So then as of now you just plop it down and let it sit while adjusting the investment of course?Capital tourist wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:36 am I agree that something has to be done with passive land ownership. This erases the competitive dynamics of companies having effective operations and investments. The harder the game difficulty, the more evident it is.
City Script/Map Creator: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... 775#p46775
Custom Maps: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10683
Dark Mode: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10528
Custom Maps: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10683
Dark Mode: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10528