Combat inflation

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Post Reply
jondonnis
Level 5 user
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 am

Combat inflation

Post by jondonnis »

So inflation is causing prices to go through the roof ($52 for eggs :) ) so I know the bank is probably soon going to reset money. To combat this inevitable issue, is it best to invest all my billions in land before the bank resets the currency? Should I keep the several billion in stocks I own of other companies invested in their stock? Or is land the best investment for when the bank resets currency to combat inflation? Meaning it would be best to sell all shares and just buy land?
czurcz
Level 2 user
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Re: Combat inflation

Post by czurcz »

What do you mean by 'reset'? There's no reset, but reissue of new banknotes with a ratio of 1 to 100. This means all the prices, costs, values, including land value, will drop with this ratio. So, if the land value is $1M now, it will be worth $10k after the currency revaluation. So, it doesn't really matter when you buy it or sell it, the relative price is the same.
Greetz from Polska!
jondonnis
Level 5 user
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 am

Re: Combat inflation

Post by jondonnis »

That's what I meant, reissue.

I'm sure I've read round here, on the main site I think, that because of the reissue, it's wise not to sit on your money and invest it. I always got the impression, I could be seeing it wrong, that I can always afford more before the reissue, than after.

I'll see when the reissue happens.
tosh
Level 3 user
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Re: Combat inflation

Post by tosh »

Buy everything possible.
That's how you combat inflation.
I mean, at least at the beginning of the game (never passed 2010 to be honest and never seen 52$ for eggs... jeesh) you just buy everything you can (as long as it doesn't harm expansion, of course, of course) since you KNOW everything will raise in value.

Than sell it.
What for?
Dunno. Maybe just keep on earning and buying till the entire game world is yours.
Post Reply