Being Intel in Capitalism Lab

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:53 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Being Intel in Capitalism Lab

Post by Arcnor »

counting wrote:Or we need a procedure generated pre-setup option. When players enter the game, the AIs had already built up their businesses. And players can choose how many years of simulation they want before entering.

I think the coding to add this option is actually not that hard, just don't linking the GUI classes, and let internal objects running numbers, when reaching the destine waiting period, then switch back. I think without GUI and timer objects, the simulation should be extremely quick. (magnitude faster than in-game speedup waiting)
This is already an option using the script system.
counting
Level 8 user
Posts: 836
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:44 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Being Intel in Capitalism Lab

Post by counting »

Arcnor wrote:
This is already an option using the script system.
I am not quite familiar with script. Which setting should I use to do this??? Is it just Years of Advanced Start for AI ? But I don't want to sit through waiting. Perhaps it should make simulation a lot quicker if no graphic objects is called?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:13 am

Re: Being Intel in Capitalism Lab

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

I'd disagree about Linux. It's free, but it's inferior because it can't run most programs which are coded for Windows. Sure you could use an emulator, but that's an additional layer. Therefore I choose to buy Windows for $99 instead of the free Linux because it's so inferior in my eyes.

As for AMD, they clearly have an inferior CPU, yet they are still able to get market share due to pricing. And Intel doesn't just sell their top tech CPUs, they also sell lower tech CPUs like their i3 and Celeron/Pentium CPUs which are inferior to their top of the line i7 CPUs. It's all about pricing and what the consumer needs. A guy wanting just to surf the web doesn't need a top of the line CPU so pricing becomes the major factor and the reason for the purchase.

For someone like me, the Intel/AMD brand has zero effect or meaning. I have an i5 currently, but the last Intel product before that was a Pentium III. I was using AMD in between with the Athlon K7 and Athlon64 then PhenomII. For non-tech savvy buyers, the brand could make a difference, but it would be hard to emulate that in this game since the semi-product would affect the end product brand ie. A Dell computer with Intel i5.
counting
Level 8 user
Posts: 836
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:44 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Being Intel in Capitalism Lab

Post by counting »

Although I consider myself a tech-savvy guy, but from I know about helping others to assemble their computers back in the day, General public are not particular familiar with component brand what so ever. A intel-inside computer doesn't necessary translate into any better quality or increase their will to pay more.

However people do know Intel brand, due to their advertisements, but rarely they know AMD, let alone ARM CPU for embedded system, their brand is almost invisible due to it's almost never sold to end-customers. And do you know that HP, Hitachi, even Motorola had made CPU design of their own in their machine, and they use the same brand as their company instead of individual brand.

I think the whole individual, range, or corporate brand mechanism in game need to be refined for usually that end customers have mixed conception of a certain brand. They should co-exist in every level, and when you advertise your product whatever it's end or semi products, should get partial recognition no matter what. Beside B2C brand, I think we should add B2B brand recognition, to long term purchasers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Philtrick2003
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:02 am

Re: Being Intel in Capitalism Lab

Post by Philtrick2003 »

It would make sense for the semi-products to contribute to the brand via a system like the production. Computers would get a strong brand modifier from CPU brand, chocolate bar would get very little for cocoa, etc.

Even research could be tweaked under the current system of decay + comparison to the top. Give different products different research speeds, double for CPU, half for leather bags, etc based on how much each product's value is derived from ability.

If 1 year of CPU development is worth 30 dev instead of the normal 9, keeping up with CPU research becomes much more important and decay will hurt more, faster.

Would be cool to see semi-products as a real segment to compete in
Post Reply