Bug, paying no interest

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
User avatar
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Bug, paying no interest

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

In 2.3.04 I am paying no interest on my loan.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Bug, paying no interest

Post by WilliamMGary »

:oops:

Like I said 2.1.02 Beta is the best version of the game. Yeah it has some bugs, but once you know them, you know how to work around them and it turns out to be pretty stable.
User avatar
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Bug, paying no interest

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

WilliamMGary wrote::oops:

Like I said 2.1.02 Beta is the best version of the game. Yeah it has some bugs, but once you know them, you know how to work around them and it turns out to be pretty stable.
I can work around not paying interest ;)

If I'm not playing the latest version these issues would remain unreported. The game's not going to move forward that way. Similarly, I think it's not nice of me to request features and bug fixes and then play an older version after they have been added. Also, if I am going to develop scenarios and challenges -- which is a goal that you can appreciate, buddy -- it would be for the latest version of the game so that perhaps some people have to upgrade their software rather than requiring up-to-date users to downgrade. Active fans are going to want to play with the latest features.

As far as an old stable version, I think Cap2 1.06 would be the strongest candidate.

Anyway, thanks for feeling my pain, William :)

[Edit:] I was thinking I was going to make a post saying "well, maybe I am back, William"... but I'm sure after bonking my head a couple more times I'll disappear again. lol
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Bug, paying no interest

Post by WilliamMGary »

:-)

I would love to upgrade to the latest patch but when I have hours upon hours invested in a game I prefer to continue enjoy it. The play value is there for me and it allows me to continue making contribution to my Business Journal. I never play "time-based" games that reset because I hate starting over....I like my games to be like Life, its constantly moving forward.

With that said, I feel like i'm out of the loop on Capitalism Lab, so I'm thinking of using a VM or a different install directory to see the "improvements" that have been made to the game since my beloved patch :D
User avatar
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
Posts: 11009
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Re: Bug, paying no interest

Post by David »

Esoteric Rogue wrote:In 2.3.04 I am paying no interest on my loan.
I just tested 2.3.04 by taking a loan and loan interest payments were deducted from my cash.

Could you provide me with your save game?
User avatar
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Bug, paying no interest

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

David wrote:
Esoteric Rogue wrote:In 2.3.04 I am paying no interest on my loan.
I just tested 2.3.04 by taking a loan and loan interest payments were deducted from my cash.

Could you provide me with your save game?
Oh, sorry that I didn't do further testing. And that I didn't save a copy specifically for the bug report. Well, it was my currently locked game... and no, I cannot, because it seems to have fixed; my income statement does show interest in that game. :/

Thanks, I'll try again, It's fine right now, I'll keep an eye on it.

EditedOOPS again.
Last edited by Esoteric Rogue on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Bug, paying no interest

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

Here is a clip, from the reported game, showing the error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtnCf05oreE
http://www.twitch.tv/esotericrogue/c/3354962
User avatar
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
Posts: 11009
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Re: Bug, paying no interest

Post by David »

This bug will be fixed in the upcoming v2.3.05.
Post Reply