Project C2 ERP - Dynamic DuPont & Financial KPI Dashboard using Exported CSVs (Feature Request Inside!)
Hi David,
As a passionate Capitalism Lab player and financial enthusiast, I wanted to take the game’s deep financial simulation to the next level. I have developed a customized Excel-VBA tool called "Project C2 ERP" that transforms the year-by-year exported Balance Sheet and Income Statement CSV files into a fully dynamic, corporate-level BI Dashboard.
What Project C2 ERP Currently Does:
*Automated Data Consolidation: With a single click, it scans the chosen save/game export folder, cleans the semi-colon separators, and stacks all available years into a unified database.
*Advanced DuPont Analysis Engine: It mathematically deconstructs the Return on Equity (ROE) into its 3 core drivers: Net Profit Margin (Profitability), Asset Turnover (Efficiency), and Equity Multiplier (Leverage).
*Zero-Debt Smart Logic: It dynamically handles zero-debt years (very common in successful CapLab strategies) by cleaning up liquidity metrics, wiping out error artifacts, and locking the leverage multiplier to a perfect 1.00.
*Interactive Dark-Mode Dashboard: Features dynamic combo charts (combining columns and lines) with subtle gridlines that visually map out profitability shocks against corporate debt strategies.
David, I am attaching the Excel macro file to this post for your review.
/////////////////////////
FEATURE REQUEST FOR DEVELOPERS (Expanding C2 ERP)
While the tool works flawlessly with current data, we would love to expand its capabilities. Understanding the game's real-time engine constraints, we are not asking for a complex accounting overhaul. Instead, we kindly request the development team to include just a few easily retrievable metrics in future CSV export patches:
1-Simplified Cash Flow Data: We don't need a complex multi-stage cash statement. Just exporting a single line showing the "Net Change in Cash" (Current Year Cash minus Previous Year Cash) would be incredibly helpful for analyzing the true quality of our corporate earnings.
2-Stock Market Data: Exporting "Current Stock Price" and "Shares Outstanding" at the end of each fiscal year. This will allow us to build dynamic P/E (Price-to-Earnings) and P/B (Price-to-Book) Valuation Models directly inside our ERP dashboard.
3-Market Share Data: Exporting corporate market share percentages per industry to track aggressive scale growth alongside our financial metrics.
I believe expanding these basic CSV export capabilities will allow the community to build even more advanced ERP tools, reinforcing Capitalism Lab’s position as the ultimate educational and strategic business simulator.Looking forward to your feedback and suggestions!
Best Regards,
Project C2 ERP - Dynamic DuPont & Financial KPI Dashboard using Exported CSVs (Feature Request Inside!)
-
mdemircan2
- Level 5 user
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 pm
- Has thanked: 30 times
- Been thanked: 21 times
Project C2 ERP - Dynamic DuPont & Financial KPI Dashboard using Exported CSVs (Feature Request Inside!)
- Attachments
-
- c2 rapor.png (205.14 KiB) Viewed 313 times
-
mdemircan2
- Level 5 user
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 pm
- Has thanked: 30 times
- Been thanked: 21 times
Re: Project C2 ERP - Dynamic DuPont & Financial KPI Dashboard using Exported CSVs (Feature Request Inside!)
Hello everyone,
I am glad the topic caught your attention.
Since I couldn't attach the macro I mentioned to the forum, I emailed it to David;
I don't know if he had the opportunity to review it, but maybe the developers can include it inside the file in version 13.
I am glad the topic caught your attention.
Since I couldn't attach the macro I mentioned to the forum, I emailed it to David;
I don't know if he had the opportunity to review it, but maybe the developers can include it inside the file in version 13.
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: Project C2 ERP - Dynamic DuPont & Financial KPI Dashboard using Exported CSVs (Feature Request Inside!)
Thanks for sharing this. As for attaching the macro, you could add it to a ZIP file first, and then attach the ZIP file in your post.mdemircan2 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:15 pm Hello everyone,
I am glad the topic caught your attention.
Since I couldn't attach the macro I mentioned to the forum, I emailed it to David;
I don't know if he had the opportunity to review it, but maybe the developers can include it inside the file in version 13.
-
mdemircan2
- Level 5 user
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 pm
- Has thanked: 30 times
- Been thanked: 21 times
Re: Project C2 ERP - Dynamic DuPont & Financial KPI Dashboard using Exported CSVs (Feature Request Inside!)
Thank YouDavid wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:11 amThanks for sharing this. As for attaching the macro, you could add it to a ZIP file first, and then attach the ZIP file in your post.mdemircan2 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:15 pm Hello everyone,
I am glad the topic caught your attention.
Since I couldn't attach the macro I mentioned to the forum, I emailed it to David;
I don't know if he had the opportunity to review it, but maybe the developers can include it inside the file in version 13.
- Attachments
-
- EXPORT.rar
- (240.74 KiB) Downloaded 19 times