[MOD] Arms industry

Discuss modding and share your mods with the community in this forum.
MightyGooga
Community Contributor
Community Contributor
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Re: [MOD] Arms industry

Post by MightyGooga »

You had me at presidential Elections!

I think the fun in here would be to expand the economic simulation to allow for presidential traits in the AI. My idea initially was to develop a world factor that would not come into play. For example, if we have two cities, there would be a third world entity to regulate offer and demand.

But honestly, i think your take is more reasonable on this matter. I just like to be carefull becouse I think its easier to add industries to the game then mechanics, and what will really expand the game is the later.

I for one want to see that happening.
XrstN1
Level 2 user
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:48 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: [MOD] Arms industry

Post by XrstN1 »

Is this mod working for 9.1 Version ?!
Sievert
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2025 6:49 am
Has thanked: 7 times

Re: [MOD] Arms industry

Post by Sievert »

David wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:20 pm
MightyGooga wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:05 pm I really think there should be a separate form of selling arms in the game. Like for governaments. The retail option is still valid in my opinion, but I miss a "world" simulation that could generate demand as it enters into wars, conflicts and economic crisis.
I was talking with a friend about an Arm Industry mod in CapLab and he came up with some ideas on the spot:

All sorts of military aircraft, warships, guns, robots to manufacture.

There will be president elections in the game, voted by the people in all the cities in the game.

An elected president may wage war against other city states and nations, which are also under fictional names.

The president may step by step reduce the power of the congress, establishing an absolute rule of the nation.

The DLC may be called New Nationalism DLC.

Pretty crazy ideas. But the game industry is full of crazy ideas anyway. :D

I wonder what you guys think.
found this old post while looking for Arms industry. These ideas are awesome!
User avatar
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
Posts: 10996
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 430 times

Re: [MOD] Arms industry

Post by David »

Sievert wrote: Wed Sep 10, 2025 2:12 am
David wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:20 pm
MightyGooga wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:05 pm I really think there should be a separate form of selling arms in the game. Like for governaments. The retail option is still valid in my opinion, but I miss a "world" simulation that could generate demand as it enters into wars, conflicts and economic crisis.
I was talking with a friend about an Arm Industry mod in CapLab and he came up with some ideas on the spot:

All sorts of military aircraft, warships, guns, robots to manufacture.

There will be president elections in the game, voted by the people in all the cities in the game.

An elected president may wage war against other city states and nations, which are also under fictional names.

The president may step by step reduce the power of the congress, establishing an absolute rule of the nation.

The DLC may be called New Nationalism DLC.

Pretty crazy ideas. But the game industry is full of crazy ideas anyway. :D

I wonder what you guys think.
found this old post while looking for Arms industry. These ideas are awesome!
Would you be interested in trying creating a MOD focused on the arms industry yourself? :)

FYI, Stylesjl has written a comprehensive guide for CapLab modding: https://www.capitalismlab.com/advanced-modding-guide/
Post Reply