Hello
I'm trying to add custom person and so far I have a problem. While the small portrait works without any problems, medium and large don't show up. Tried also to just use portraits already in game with just different number, but no luck. Any ideas what might be a problem? All files have required size and format. In the folder all have the same number M76.
When I found my custom person in the wild, he got different personality is that normal? He was a mayor.
When I pick my custom company I got always random expertise and the one I picked, can you force to get only the one from the file?
Similar question about tech. I picked Core Search Tech = 50 as tech but random expertise sometimes can overwrite it. Regular product tech works without any problems.
All files attached.
Difficulties adding custom persons and companies
- Iroks
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 6:31 pm
Difficulties adding custom persons and companies
- Attachments
-
- dbf files.7z
- (2.93 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
-
- M76_2.png (10.02 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
-
- M76.png (137.42 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
-
- M71_1.png (38.46 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
- Stylesjl
- Mod Expert

- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:01 am
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Has thanked: 71 times
- Been thanked: 117 times
Re: Difficulties adding custom persons and companies
Did you make sure that all of the pictures had the same name?
It should be M76 for these folders:
Images\Persons
Images\Persons\Medium
Images\Persons\Large
Dimensions of the pictures you provided are correct, so no issues there.
Did you also add their entry to Persons.dbf (in Data folder)?
For expertise - I think the issue is that you need to specify the internet firm, not the specific tech. You should use Search Engine, which gives you all of the search related techs.
For example:
[PLAYER EXPERTISE]
Internet Expertise=Search Engine,50
It should be M76 for these folders:
Images\Persons
Images\Persons\Medium
Images\Persons\Large
Dimensions of the pictures you provided are correct, so no issues there.
Did you also add their entry to Persons.dbf (in Data folder)?
For expertise - I think the issue is that you need to specify the internet firm, not the specific tech. You should use Search Engine, which gives you all of the search related techs.
For example:
[PLAYER EXPERTISE]
Internet Expertise=Search Engine,50
- Iroks
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 6:31 pm
Re: Difficulties adding custom persons and companies
As i mention earlier, all pictures are named M76 and are placed in their proper folders.
I uploaded the dbf files where I added my new person you can check them.
I uploaded the dbf files where I added my new person you can check them.
- Stylesjl
- Mod Expert

- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:01 am
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Has thanked: 71 times
- Been thanked: 117 times
Re: Difficulties adding custom persons and companies
I got it working.
A few issues:
- Your CEO is named differently to the one in Persons.dbf
In Company_Details.txt it is:
CEO = Piotr Ignaciuk
But in Persons.dbf you called him Iroks (for M76)
Also, the files all need to be called M76, one of them that you attached was called M71
Finally when I noticed that the larger image did not work I tried running the Pack file in that folder again: Then I ran the main pack file after that and it started working again. It was odd as I don't think I normally have to do that, but it helped in this case.
A few issues:
- Your CEO is named differently to the one in Persons.dbf
In Company_Details.txt it is:
CEO = Piotr Ignaciuk
But in Persons.dbf you called him Iroks (for M76)
Also, the files all need to be called M76, one of them that you attached was called M71
Finally when I noticed that the larger image did not work I tried running the Pack file in that folder again: Then I ran the main pack file after that and it started working again. It was odd as I don't think I normally have to do that, but it helped in this case.
- Stylesjl
- Mod Expert

- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:01 am
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Has thanked: 71 times
- Been thanked: 117 times
Re: Difficulties adding custom persons and companies
This is the full test mod source I used if you want to take a look as well:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HZvtbl ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HZvtbl ... sp=sharing
- Iroks
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 6:31 pm
Re: Difficulties adding custom persons and companies
Thanks for help, using pack in each folder fixed the issue.
- Iroks
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 6:31 pm
Re: Difficulties adding custom persons and companies
There is a new problem now, the game crash when I try to build something 
- Stylesjl
- Mod Expert

- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:01 am
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Has thanked: 71 times
- Been thanked: 117 times
Re: Difficulties adding custom persons and companies
Did you try adding a new building or something else? Normally a crash like that might indicate a missing graphic somewhere.Iroks wrote: Sat Jul 12, 2025 9:45 am There is a new problem now, the game crash when I try to build something![]()
- Iroks
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2025 6:31 pm
Re: Difficulties adding custom persons and companies
Just added another person and photos. I did not change any buildings or other objects.