New challenge game: Turnaround of a Video Game Console Company for version 10.0.18

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

New challenge game: Turnaround of a Video Game Console Company for version 10.0.18

Post by David »

We are delighted to announce a new challenge game: Turnaround of a Video Game Console Company! 🎮✨

In collaboration with YouTuber Lightproton, we've created a unique experience for Capitalism Lab players. You can now watch Lightproton take on this exciting challenge at https://youtu.be/kFAulLBbU4I and join in on the fun by participating in the same challenge game yourself.

📊 Compare your score with other players on the challenge game's leaderboard and see who can make the best turnaround decisions!

💾 To participate, download the release candidate of Capitalism Lab version 10.0.19 from: viewtopic.php?t=9657

🏆Join the fun and show off your business skills!
Lightproton
Video Contributor
Video Contributor

Re: New challenge game: Turnaround of a Video Game Console Company for version 10.0.18

Post by Lightproton »

Looking forward to see more from us from the community competing and to see new results from the challenge game! Hope you enjoy it and have fun! :D Thank you very much!
Stylesjl
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: New challenge game: Turnaround of a Video Game Console Company for version 10.0.18

Post by Stylesjl »

It's a great new challenge game. Some things I noticed however:

- Media firms are available in this scenario. They make money way too easily. Probably best to forbid the use of these via script (should prohibit Real Estate as well to help maintain focus).
- All of the store types are available. Should only allow Toy Stores, Electronic and Computer Stores (the latter two only after the first goal is completed).

Other than that I managed to beat the scenario (both with and without the media firms). It is not really a very hard scenario, not easy to do, but not really hard even with the somewhat tight deadline (10 years then 20 years).
Lightproton
Video Contributor
Video Contributor

Post by Lightproton »

Thank you for your feedback and congrats for managing it :D I completely agree. Media firms and real estate should be excluded in future challenge games of this kind. In my view, for the first subgoals, the challenge is to get the business running (not too difficult for the experienced users, but also took beginners into consideration) and for the main goal it is more about maximizing profits and the score. I also think the computer players should be set to a higher level next time or get a head start (or both). They don't really go into competition before reaching the goals if the user is fast enough. Lots of good learnings and looking forward to more feedback! :idea:
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Hi Lightproton,

A Youtuber has created a video playing your challenge game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOts_2A ... bSBMYWI%3D

Here is another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPW_qb8 ... bSBMYWI%3D