1.943 Issuese
-
bluesinjid
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:39 pm
1.943 Issuese
Hi, my concern is regarding modifying prices using the + and - signs. You have to manually click, there should be an option where if u hold down on your mouse it will adjust.
-
Teppo
- Level 2 user
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:51 pm
Re: 1.943 Issuese
Now that the beta finally starts up in my system too I'll say a few things about 1.943:
1. In the difficulty settings menu at beginning there is no description appearing for 'AI friendly merger'.
2. When AI wants to buy off his own stock from player those offers appear too often I'd say, because at fast forward they'll pop up every five seconds or so. A convenient option would be to turn those off or make them appear less often.
3. AI doesn't buy tech easily. I had AI startup finances at 'high' and developed three techs to 250 in 10 years and waited for a year approximately, nobody offered to buy them. There was >20 AI players and 2 cities. I tested developing different products with 4 and 10 AI players, same result. Maybe it could be changed so that tech could be sold globally to some unknown buyer or something?
4. R&D projects on a player's expertise field products have the 10-year project's progress amount less than 2 year project multiplied by five, so they're all screwed up. The whole idea behind longer projects was to get More progress with the cost of waiting time before getting results, right?
5. 'Commuting convenience' stays low in office building even if it is almost surrounded with apartment buildings. How much apartments do they need?
6. The 'for sale' -button on apartment/commercial building screen can be clicked through sometimes if there is a firm behind the button. I had to move the map over water so the button could be clicked.
7. AI is uninterested in buying my apartments and commercial buildings. I had a city centre full of them for sale and they were all profitable, none of them sold in decades, at least I didn't notice any sale.
8. Annual ROI was 761% in one commercial building for example. I don't know if that's a bug, maybe it's the inflation.
9. It seems that when setting the advertising price on owned media firm, the price has to be quite accurately some specific value to get good profit. Any higher or lower than that and profit drops like >30%. Some kind of automatic pricing function would be good so player wouldn't need to wonder about the weird 'advertiser behavior'. Similar function as in apartments currently.
10. I tried to place both the cheapest and most expensive mansion and I had 761 millions, but the cheapest one says I don't have enough cash when trying to place it, and the expensive one has 'not enough cash' on it's picture.
Questions:
COO's also have their product class expertise, so does the player's expertise in a product class stack with COO's expertise? How should I best take advantage of both COO's and player's expertise together?
1. In the difficulty settings menu at beginning there is no description appearing for 'AI friendly merger'.
2. When AI wants to buy off his own stock from player those offers appear too often I'd say, because at fast forward they'll pop up every five seconds or so. A convenient option would be to turn those off or make them appear less often.
3. AI doesn't buy tech easily. I had AI startup finances at 'high' and developed three techs to 250 in 10 years and waited for a year approximately, nobody offered to buy them. There was >20 AI players and 2 cities. I tested developing different products with 4 and 10 AI players, same result. Maybe it could be changed so that tech could be sold globally to some unknown buyer or something?
4. R&D projects on a player's expertise field products have the 10-year project's progress amount less than 2 year project multiplied by five, so they're all screwed up. The whole idea behind longer projects was to get More progress with the cost of waiting time before getting results, right?
5. 'Commuting convenience' stays low in office building even if it is almost surrounded with apartment buildings. How much apartments do they need?
6. The 'for sale' -button on apartment/commercial building screen can be clicked through sometimes if there is a firm behind the button. I had to move the map over water so the button could be clicked.
7. AI is uninterested in buying my apartments and commercial buildings. I had a city centre full of them for sale and they were all profitable, none of them sold in decades, at least I didn't notice any sale.
8. Annual ROI was 761% in one commercial building for example. I don't know if that's a bug, maybe it's the inflation.
9. It seems that when setting the advertising price on owned media firm, the price has to be quite accurately some specific value to get good profit. Any higher or lower than that and profit drops like >30%. Some kind of automatic pricing function would be good so player wouldn't need to wonder about the weird 'advertiser behavior'. Similar function as in apartments currently.
10. I tried to place both the cheapest and most expensive mansion and I had 761 millions, but the cheapest one says I don't have enough cash when trying to place it, and the expensive one has 'not enough cash' on it's picture.
Questions:
COO's also have their product class expertise, so does the player's expertise in a product class stack with COO's expertise? How should I best take advantage of both COO's and player's expertise together?
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: 1.943 Issuese
This will be fixed in the next patch.1. In the difficulty settings menu at beginning there is no description appearing for 'AI friendly merger'.
On the Option menu, you can turn "Consider Tender Offer" off.2. When AI wants to buy off his own stock from player those offers appear too often I'd say, because at fast forward they'll pop up every five seconds or so. A convenient option would be to turn those off or make them appear less often.
I have had got AI offers for buying my tech in games I played. Perhaps you can start a new topic on this and see how other players experience this.3. AI doesn't buy tech easily. I had AI startup finances at 'high' and developed three techs to 250 in 10 years and waited for a year approximately, nobody offered to buy them. There was >20 AI players and 2 cities. I tested developing different products with 4 and 10 AI players, same result. Maybe it could be changed so that tech could be sold globally to some unknown buyer or something?
I will leave this to some of our experienced beta-testers to answer as we had an extensive discussion on this before. It will be good to see somebody write an article on Strategy Tips forum about this.4. R&D projects on a player's expertise field products have the 10-year project's progress amount less than 2 year project multiplied by five, so they're all screwed up. The whole idea behind longer projects was to get More progress with the cost of waiting time before getting results, right?
This will be improved in the next version.5. 'Commuting convenience' stays low in office building even if it is almost surrounded with apartment buildings. How much apartments do they need?
This will be improved in the next version.6. The 'for sale' -button on apartment/commercial building screen can be clicked through sometimes if there is a firm behind the button. I had to move the map over water so the button could be clicked.
The AI is coded to buy apartments and commercial buildings upon meeting their own criteria. Perhaps you can start a new topic on this and see how other players experience this.7. AI is uninterested in buying my apartments and commercial buildings. I had a city centre full of them for sale and they were all profitable, none of them sold in decades, at least I didn't notice any sale.
Possibly8. Annual ROI was 761% in one commercial building for example. I don't know if that's a bug, maybe it's the inflation.
You may make your save game available via dropbox and we will investigate the bug.10. I tried to place both the cheapest and most expensive mansion and I had 761 millions, but the cheapest one says I don't have enough cash when trying to place it, and the expensive one has 'not enough cash' on it's picture.
They do not stack. Only one expertise is used at one time. You can look at the firm's manager portrait on the firm detail window to tell who is managing the firm, and the person's expertise applies to the firm.Questions:
COO's also have their product class expertise, so does the player's expertise in a product class stack with COO's expertise? How should I best take advantage of both COO's and player's expertise together?
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: 1.943 Issuese
You may post it on the Suggestions forum.bluesinjid wrote:Hi, my concern is regarding modifying prices using the + and - signs. You have to manually click, there should be an option where if u hold down on your mouse it will adjust.
-
Teppo
- Level 2 user
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:51 pm
Re: 1.943 Issuese
When turning off 'consider tender offer' it doesn't affect those messages where AI offers to buy shares of his own corp at higher price. I don't have a save file for it.
Here is a save where I can't buy a mansion:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101009405/AUTO.SAV
Here is a save where I can't buy a mansion:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101009405/AUTO.SAV
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: 1.943 Issuese
Could you capture a screenshot with that offer window and send it to me?Teppo wrote:When turning off 'consider tender offer' it doesn't affect those messages where AI offers to buy shares of his own corp at higher price. I don't have a save file for it.
Actually, mansions are bought with personal cash and you do not have enough personal cash in the game.Teppo wrote:Here is a save where I can't buy a mansion:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101009405/AUTO.SAV
-
Teppo
- Level 2 user
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:51 pm
Re: 1.943 Issuese
It was in a past game where I had the message. I'll see if I have the same situation again sometime.
EDIT: I just tested it in another game and now the 'consider tender offer' option does stop those offers. I had a quite clear memory of turning it off in the previous game too, and I think they still kept coming. Maybe it's my memory again.
EDIT: I just tested it in another game and now the 'consider tender offer' option does stop those offers. I had a quite clear memory of turning it off in the previous game too, and I think they still kept coming. Maybe it's my memory again.