http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEdTBKGv ... e=youtu.be
Example of the mouse issues I'm having when it runs in windowed mode. The mouse is a bit better in full screen mode but still unplayable due to jumping. Notice me wiggling the mouse quickly? It's the only way to get the mouse to be stable.
And what's with the mega loud music from start. I had to rush in to turn it off.
Windows 7 64bit
12GB RAM
Windowed mode mouse issue
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: Windowed mode mouse issue
Did you encounter the same problem with the original Capitalism 2?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEdTBKGv ... e=youtu.be
Example of the mouse issues I'm having when it runs in windowed mode. The mouse is a bit better in full screen mode but still unplayable due to jumping. Notice me wiggling the mouse quickly? It's the only way to get the mouse to be stable.
What is the brand and model of your mouse?
Does anybody else have the same issue with the music being too loud? Would want to find out if it is an isolated problem or a common problem.And what's with the mega loud music from start. I had to rush in to turn it off.
-
jondonnis
- Level 5 user
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 am
Re: Windowed mode mouse issue
Well at the moment I don't play Cap 2 on my Windows 7 machine as from what I remember it would randomly CTD more often than not. So now, and actually this moment, I have VMWare Workstation running and I run (and currently am now) Cap 2 in a VM of XP and runs fine (apart from the opening movie being unskipable and being really small. And the game crashing Windows when you exit it).
Mouse is a Logitech G9x
Mouse is a Logitech G9x
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: Windowed mode mouse issue
Could you try running Cap2 on the same Win7 computer that you are having the mouse problem with CapLab, and see if Cap2 has the mouse problem too?
Cap2 is compatible with Win7, unless your version is a very old one. In that case, you may let me know and I can supply you with the latest v1.02 of Cap2 for testing.
Cap2 is compatible with Win7, unless your version is a very old one. In that case, you may let me know and I can supply you with the latest v1.02 of Cap2 for testing.
-
jondonnis
- Level 5 user
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 am
Re: Windowed mode mouse issue
I can try Cap 2 on the Windows 7 machine but can't patch it with either 1.01 or 1.02 because the patches just constantly search for the install but never find it. Even if I run the patches from the actual install itself. I've even tried installing Cap 2 again in it's default directory and makes no difference, the patches just go looking for it and never find it.
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: Windowed mode mouse issue
I will send you a personal message at this broad with the download link to Cap2 full version.jondonnis wrote:I can try Cap 2 on the Windows 7 machine but can't patch it with either 1.01 or 1.02 because the patches just constantly search for the install but never find it. Even if I run the patches from the actual install itself. I've even tried installing Cap 2 again in it's default directory and makes no difference, the patches just go looking for it and never find it.
-
jondonnis
- Level 5 user
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 am
Re: Windowed mode mouse issue
I'll give it a try when I get home tonight thanks. Although is there any news on fixing the patches because I have the original CD (The Revival CD version) but still the patches fail to find the install.
-
jondonnis
- Level 5 user
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 am
Re: Windowed mode mouse issue
Forgot to mention I also have a Logitech M570 trackball mouse that is never switched on.
In my new test I used the G9x and did the same thing. In the video you can actually see the cursor and see the hand isn't keeping up with it when using the G9x. When using the trackball M570 however, all appears fine. Odd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKsaM5n ... e=youtu.be
In full screen mode the G9x doesn't jump as much but isn't keeping up with the mouse movement properly so there is an annoying delay before it moves. But again, the M570 trackball is fine.
Same issue in Capitalism 2 1.02 you sent me.
Capitalism 2 was in full screen mode as appears to be no option to run in Windowed mode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOL6LtaK ... e=youtu.be
In my new test I used the G9x and did the same thing. In the video you can actually see the cursor and see the hand isn't keeping up with it when using the G9x. When using the trackball M570 however, all appears fine. Odd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKsaM5n ... e=youtu.be
In full screen mode the G9x doesn't jump as much but isn't keeping up with the mouse movement properly so there is an annoying delay before it moves. But again, the M570 trackball is fine.
Same issue in Capitalism 2 1.02 you sent me.
Capitalism 2 was in full screen mode as appears to be no option to run in Windowed mode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOL6LtaK ... e=youtu.be
-
jondonnis
- Level 5 user
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 am
Re: Windowed mode mouse issue
Tried testing in a VM and failed to run properly in windowed mode as seen at beginning of footage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l63QeNta ... e=youtu.be
Capitalism 2 runs fine and so does the mouse.
Then dropped the VM res to 800x600 and run Capitalism Lab again and it defaulted to full screen mode and mouse worked fine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gOk7KK ... e=youtu.be
No sound in either as I've disabled sound capture on the vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l63QeNta ... e=youtu.be
Capitalism 2 runs fine and so does the mouse.
Then dropped the VM res to 800x600 and run Capitalism Lab again and it defaulted to full screen mode and mouse worked fine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gOk7KK ... e=youtu.be
No sound in either as I've disabled sound capture on the vids.
-
Purifier
- Level 5 user
- Posts: 212
- Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 am
Re: Windowed mode mouse issue
jondonnis what kind of graphics card do you have and what is the native resolution of your monitor ?
And have you tried switching the DPI of the mouse ?
And have you tried switching the DPI of the mouse ?