Does Cap Lab offer enough new features to you?

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab

Does Cap Lab offer enough new game features and improvements, compared to Capitalism 2?

You may select 1 option

 
 
View results

User avatar
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
Posts: 11006
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Does Cap Lab offer enough new features to you?

Post by David »

From your point of view, does Cap Lab offer enough new game features and improvements, compared to Capitalism 2?

Please respond to the poll.

If your answer is no, what new features or improvements that you were previously anticipating are not found in the game?

(We are still in the process of updating Capitalism Lab web site with details of new features that have been implemented already in Cap Lab. So you will find more details on all the new features on the web site later.)
Inarius
Level 4 user
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:38 am

Re: Does Cap Lab offer enough new features to you?

Post by Inarius »

I voted not sure.
Because of course it's the same game, there are many new things, but at the same time I have to play more to experiment and test if and how much different it is. For example inflation and central bank policy are new concepts. But I haven't played enough to see what are the REAL effects of it.
HansOlav
Level 3 user
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:41 am

Re: Does Cap Lab offer enough new features to you?

Post by HansOlav »

Don't know yet, I really miss warehouse’s like you say here:
David wrote:We are considering adding a new building type: Warehouse

A warehouse’s inventory unit’s size is 3 times larger than a normal inventory unit in other firm types.


Any feedback is welcome.
What are you doing about this?

It's a bit hard to start making a product in the beginning, if it needs 3 semi-products. Maybe the last product is in a port in an other City, then it would be nice with a warehouse in that city.

And that you also could choose your own field of expertise when starting a new game.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:05 am

Re: Does Cap Lab offer enough new features to you?

Post by mwyeoh »

HansOlav wrote: It's a bit hard to start making a product in the beginning, if it needs 3 semi-products. Maybe the last product is in a port in an other City, then it would be nice with a warehouse in that city.
Either that, or allow direct shipping of goods from another city's ports
HansOlav
Level 3 user
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:41 am

Re: Does Cap Lab offer enough new features to you?

Post by HansOlav »

mwyeoh wrote: Either that, or allow direct shipping of goods from another city's ports
Yes, but we need warehouse's an other times too, specially when dealing with Farm products. And when we have more than one store of the same type i a city, selling the same product, with several factories making the same product.

Also see the post: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... ?f=7&t=140 what others are saying.

Link updatet!
Last edited by HansOlav on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
baz
Level 4 user
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:50 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Does Cap Lab offer enough new features to you?

Post by baz »

I Haven't had my beta access yet and won't vote until I can see if for myself however I have read the Caplab website features so will answer on what i've read.
I have a head over heart issue.
My heart will always say that any addition to CAP2 now CAPLAB would always be worth the money. But my head will always have a say.
Currently I do love the additions that you've added but what will be the cost of Caplab and will it be a one off charge or will you have to pay everytime an addition is added. Currently my head tells me that does it really change the game or just add to it. I currently think ( again without playing it) it adds to it, could I play CAP2 without? Probally as the additions are minor in comparison to the depth of the game and my own interest in business.
What I really need to know before I can make a true judement is the cost and what that will entail.
I do accept that for any addtion, it costs you as a company and I feel you do need money to carry that on. Your probally aware of my posts and what i'm looking for, but I wont let that cloud my judegement.

So I ask for a statement if possible, on your idea of the cost and future addtion ideas.

My thought currently is that without the costs and future addtitons it would be impossible to answer. My heart says give them there money whatever the cost but my head says you have CAP2 with thousands of options and 10 more is quite a small addition to that. My head is also saying that if I saw CAP3 for example in my local computer shop, loaded it and found that it was CAP2 with 10 additions whilst enjoying what I had, it would of been a mod rather than a different game. So for the short term I would enjoy, but I don't think it would improve the long term view. Again I haven't played the beta yet and perhaps that my sway me more to my heart than my head. I look forward to commenting back in a week once i've tried the additions.

My experince and what can really disappoint me about the games industry in general for example:
the Fifa series, change of names, change of teams, slight control change shouldn't equal new game, thus I no longer play those games.
Some games add an editor and then charge full price without letting the person that bought the game originally, buy the editor at a reasonable price.
Some companys rush a game that then requires 1000's bytes of updates before you can even play the game. PS3 games in general.
Some games add slight editions like grand turismo and then charge stupid prices for a extra car and track. Sometimes the extra addon's are more than the game. Not interested anymore, either sell me the complete game with everything or sell me the original core game for cheap and let me choose what I want.
You can Play a game in a cutdown sense and then buy the game to find that the full game wasn't that greatly enhanced by the additions.
Some games, grand theft auto, add extra content that make it sound like a new game but it's still based on the core game and you realise 1 or 2 hours later that your doing stuff all be it in a different costume that you could do before it also but bought nothing to the game and didn't improve longevity. ie just more scenarios and playing differnt characters.
One game I bought ages ago wouldn't even run on my computer properly although it fell in the spec because it was poorly coded. I ran the same game years later on a far better pc and it still ran slow.

Games that have impressed me, have been games that have free or addtional scenarios. Games that are open to modders, games that have an easy editor. Anyone thats played Civ across the series will recognise this as been a normal part of the game but it's rare for companys to offer this.
I play football manager (Which I love) but I will only buy the later game once it differs, so I normally miss at least two or three versions on average before I even consider buying it. Again this series of game is only a name and a few additions and call it a new game.

I hope my initial comments help and look forward to commenting more indepth on the game once i've played it.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:05 am

Re: Does Cap Lab offer enough new features to you?

Post by mwyeoh »

HansOlav wrote:
Yes, but we need warehouse's an other times too, specially when dealing with Farm products. And when we have more than one store of the same type i a city, selling the same product, with several factories making the same product.

Also see the post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=140 what others are saying.
Url is expired, but I definitely understand where you are coming from. I have usually neglected farming, so perhaps I should try out a farming exclusive game and see how that goes.
And, yes I agree with you for selling products which come from several factories
Last edited by mwyeoh on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
HansOlav
Level 3 user
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:41 am

Re: Does Cap Lab offer enough new features to you?

Post by HansOlav »

User avatar
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
Posts: 11006
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Re: Does Cap Lab offer enough new features to you?

Post by David »

We have been working on the Warehouse feature and will make it available in the next patch. But it is a new feature which may potentially cause some instability to the game while it is being tested.
baz
Level 4 user
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:50 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Does Cap Lab offer enough new features to you?

Post by baz »

David, I have 2 questions, I need to know what the price stratergy is for the game. For example £10 Yeah i'd buy it and be happy with the additions as i'm lucky enought to of played them. If it's sold at full price £30, I think the additions wouldn't of been enough for me. It's kinda cap 2.5 than 3 and I when I read the below article all of those years ago, I don't think it lives upto to what Trevor was aiming for.

http://www.codehappy.net/apolyton/threads/38566-1.htm

The other is warehouse's, Will there still be inventories aswell as warehouses? And will a warehouse be a different building? What about distribution centers? They tend to be used in europe these days, so straight from a industrial warehouse, normally based at the industrial unit to a distibution center then to a super market for example.
Post Reply