so, i have tested my first game as a leather producer.
Here are some things I have to say (the game is quite good, it's nearly nothing, great job indeed)
- When you custom a new game, you should be able to directly type or choose the number of years. Here, i wanted to choose 100, and i had to click 99 times on "+". Perhaps like in the game, allow to right-click for 10 years ?
- When you look at the detail of a product in the guide of products, you should access more directly to the manufacturer guide. Actually, when you start a new game and feel quite lost, it's a little painful to go from one menu to another.
- there is a bug in the layout products in a factory, it's hard to obtain the "list" of products. It seems that it doesn't appear each type you click on it.
- When you look for a specifical product in the layout list (or any other list) it would be great that, typing the first letter, you go directly to the word beginning with this letter. When the list is long, it's more simple.
- There should be an help to explain what and how private labelling and advertising works. Knowing that you actually HAVE to link it to the product is not obvious, and what is the purpose of private labelling (regarding to advertising, for example)
- Sometimes seaports are empty. There is no product in it.
- In a factory, when you apply a layout, if there are no supplier, then the "purchasing" square remains empty. It should be better that somewhere appears what is SUPPOSED to be here. Because when you create your own layout and you forgot it, it's hard to know what is to be bought. Idem for the "manufacturing" when one of the purchasing item is missing.
- In the menu "product detail" the button to change the price is not correctly linked with the mouse. You have to click much higher than the button to make it work
- In a store, when you change the price of a product, it doesn't change the planned "overall quality" if you are paused.
- On the mini-map when you click on "product" and then cancel it, the menu is still here.
That's all for tonight !
Few things to note
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: Few things to note
Do you recall if the original Capitalism 2 support such a shortcut? If no and we are going to implement a new way to support it. Do you have any preference for the shortcut to the Manufacturer's Guide? How about clicking on the product image on the Product Detail report, or add a new button [Guide] at the bottom left of the Product Detail report?- When you look at the detail of a product in the guide of products, you should access more directly to the manufacturer guide. Actually, when you start a new game and feel quite lost, it's a little painful to go from one menu to another.
will fix it.- there is a bug in the layout products in a factory, it's hard to obtain the "list" of products. It seems that it doesn't appear each type you click on it.
Many of the keys on the keyboard are currently used for shortcut (e.g. 'P' to open product report, 'E' to open Person report), which will conflict with alphabetical key search on the product names. So alphabetical key search is limited to interface where the list is popped up and gets the window focus. (e.g. Product Filter on Layout Plan does support alphabetical key search)- When you look for a specifical product in the layout list (or any other list) it would be great that, typing the first letter, you go directly to the word beginning with this letter. When the list is long, it's more simple.
Will address this.- There should be an help to explain what and how private labelling and advertising works. Knowing that you actually HAVE to link it to the product is not obvious, and what is the purpose of private labelling (regarding to advertising, for example)
Could you email me a saved game with this bug?- Sometimes seaports are empty. There is no product in it.
Will improve this.- In a factory, when you apply a layout, if there are no supplier, then the "purchasing" square remains empty. It should be better that somewhere appears what is SUPPOSED to be here. Because when you create your own layout and you forgot it, it's hard to know what is to be bought. Idem for the "manufacturing" when one of the purchasing item is missing.
Will fix this.- In the menu "product detail" the button to change the price is not correctly linked with the mouse. You have to click much higher than the button to make it work
I tested it but couldn't get the same bug.- On the mini-map when you click on "product" and then cancel it, the menu is still here.
Can the bug be reproduced on your side? In other words, can you perform a specific sequence of actions to trigger the bug again?
If yes, please list out the steps for reproducing the bug.
Thanks
-
Inarius
- Level 4 user
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:38 am
Re: Few things to note
No problem to adress you my savegame.
I'm at work currently, but this evening (for me).
For the minimap bug, i will -this evening- send you how to.
I'm at work currently, but this evening (for me).
I think original Cap2 didn't support this, but it was just an idea. Clicking on the product image seems a good idea.Do you recall if the original Capitalism 2 support such a shortcut? If no and we are going to implement a new way to support it. Do you have any preference for the shortcut to the Manufacturer's Guide? How about clicking on the product image on the Product Detail report, or add a new button [Guide] at the bottom left of the Product Detail report?
For the minimap bug, i will -this evening- send you how to.
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: Few things to note
Will improve this.- When you custom a new game, you should be able to directly type or choose the number of years. Here, i wanted to choose 100, and i had to click 99 times on "+". Perhaps like in the game, allow to right-click for 10 years ?
-
Inarius
- Level 4 user
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:38 am
Re: Few things to note
Other questions (but it's probably normal). Is it normal that the economic situation is the SAME in all countries (I have 7 cities), with the same central bank and policy ?
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: Few things to note
Yes, except the Real Wage Rate, which differs from city to city.Inarius wrote:Other questions (but it's probably normal). Is it normal that the economic situation is the SAME in all countries (I have 7 cities), with the same central bank and policy ?
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: Few things to note
It will be improved in the following way:When you look at the detail of a product in the guide of products, you should access more directly to the manufacturer guide. Actually, when you start a new game and feel quite lost, it's a little painful to go from one menu to another.
When you are viewing the Product Detail report or viewing a firm’s product on the Firm Detail screen, you may press F1 key to bring up the Manufacturer Guide showing the manufacturing process of the product you were viewing before.
-
Inarius
- Level 4 user
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:38 am
Re: Few things to note
I have tested another type of game : stocks.
I found it TOO EASY to make HUGE money from it. There should be a way to reduce it.
There are two ways (you can cumulate it ?)
Reduce the day-to-day evolution (but it's not the real problem I think)
Make stock tax. IRL when you buy/sell stock options there are fees on it.
Here, it's way too easy to make money with it. I made 25% in 2 months, 3 times per year.
I found it TOO EASY to make HUGE money from it. There should be a way to reduce it.
There are two ways (you can cumulate it ?)
Reduce the day-to-day evolution (but it's not the real problem I think)
Make stock tax. IRL when you buy/sell stock options there are fees on it.
Here, it's way too easy to make money with it. I made 25% in 2 months, 3 times per year.
- David
- Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 439 times
Re: Few things to note
Could please detail the steps you used for making huge profits from stock trading?I have tested another type of game : stocks.
I found it TOO EASY to make HUGE money from it. There should be a way to reduce it.
There are two ways (you can cumulate it ?)
Reduce the day-to-day evolution (but it's not the real problem I think)
Make stock tax. IRL when you buy/sell stock options there are fees on it.
Here, it's way too easy to make money with it. I made 25% in 2 months, 3 times per year.
-
Inarius
- Level 4 user
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:38 am
Re: Few things to note
Well, I was playing as a residential/commercial builder.
I only put my money in lowering market prices of 3 or 4 random companies.
Actually, as soon as i saw "boom" or "expansion" in business information, I invested all my money, and in 3 months I had +25% or even +38%. I just had to sell it, and build another falling star.
I don't think with other ways you can make so much money in so little time.
I only put my money in lowering market prices of 3 or 4 random companies.
Actually, as soon as i saw "boom" or "expansion" in business information, I invested all my money, and in 3 months I had +25% or even +38%. I just had to sell it, and build another falling star.
I don't think with other ways you can make so much money in so little time.