1. In the difficulty settings menu at beginning there is no description appearing for 'AI friendly merger'.
This will be fixed in the next patch.
2. When AI wants to buy off his own stock from player those offers appear too often I'd say, because at fast forward they'll pop up every five seconds or so. A convenient option would be to turn those off or make them appear less often.
On the Option menu, you can turn "Consider Tender Offer" off.
3. AI doesn't buy tech easily. I had AI startup finances at 'high' and developed three techs to 250 in 10 years and waited for a year approximately, nobody offered to buy them. There was >20 AI players and 2 cities. I tested developing different products with 4 and 10 AI players, same result. Maybe it could be changed so that tech could be sold globally to some unknown buyer or something?
I have had got AI offers for buying my tech in games I played. Perhaps you can start a new topic on this and see how other players experience this.
4. R&D projects on a player's expertise field products have the 10-year project's progress amount less than 2 year project multiplied by five, so they're all screwed up. The whole idea behind longer projects was to get More progress with the cost of waiting time before getting results, right?
I will leave this to some of our experienced beta-testers to answer as we had an extensive discussion on this before. It will be good to see somebody write an article on Strategy Tips forum about this.
5. 'Commuting convenience' stays low in office building even if it is almost surrounded with apartment buildings. How much apartments do they need?
This will be improved in the next version.
6. The 'for sale' -button on apartment/commercial building screen can be clicked through sometimes if there is a firm behind the button. I had to move the map over water so the button could be clicked.
This will be improved in the next version.
7. AI is uninterested in buying my apartments and commercial buildings. I had a city centre full of them for sale and they were all profitable, none of them sold in decades, at least I didn't notice any sale.
The AI is coded to buy apartments and commercial buildings upon meeting their own criteria. Perhaps you can start a new topic on this and see how other players experience this.
8. Annual ROI was 761% in one commercial building for example. I don't know if that's a bug, maybe it's the inflation.
Possibly
10. I tried to place both the cheapest and most expensive mansion and I had 761 millions, but the cheapest one says I don't have enough cash when trying to place it, and the expensive one has 'not enough cash' on it's picture.
You may make your save game available via dropbox and we will investigate the bug.
Questions:
COO's also have their product class expertise, so does the player's expertise in a product class stack with COO's expertise? How should I best take advantage of both COO's and player's expertise together?
They do not stack. Only one expertise is used at one time. You can look at the firm's manager portrait on the firm detail window to tell who is managing the firm, and the person's expertise applies to the firm.
[quote]1. In the difficulty settings menu at beginning there is no description appearing for 'AI friendly merger'. [/quote]
This will be fixed in the next patch.
[quote]2. When AI wants to buy off his own stock from player those offers appear too often I'd say, because at fast forward they'll pop up every five seconds or so. A convenient option would be to turn those off or make them appear less often.[/quote]
On the Option menu, you can turn "Consider Tender Offer" off.
[quote]3. AI doesn't buy tech easily. I had AI startup finances at 'high' and developed three techs to 250 in 10 years and waited for a year approximately, nobody offered to buy them. There was >20 AI players and 2 cities. I tested developing different products with 4 and 10 AI players, same result. Maybe it could be changed so that tech could be sold globally to some unknown buyer or something?[/quote]
I have had got AI offers for buying my tech in games I played. Perhaps you can start a new topic on this and see how other players experience this.
[quote]4. R&D projects on a player's expertise field products have the 10-year project's progress amount less than 2 year project multiplied by five, so they're all screwed up. The whole idea behind longer projects was to get More progress with the cost of waiting time before getting results, right?
[/quote]
I will leave this to some of our experienced beta-testers to answer as we had an extensive discussion on this before. It will be good to see somebody write an article on Strategy Tips forum about this.
[quote]5. 'Commuting convenience' stays low in office building even if it is almost surrounded with apartment buildings. How much apartments do they need?[/quote]
This will be improved in the next version.
[quote]6. The 'for sale' -button on apartment/commercial building screen can be clicked through sometimes if there is a firm behind the button. I had to move the map over water so the button could be clicked.[/quote]
This will be improved in the next version.
[quote]7. AI is uninterested in buying my apartments and commercial buildings. I had a city centre full of them for sale and they were all profitable, none of them sold in decades, at least I didn't notice any sale.[/quote]
The AI is coded to buy apartments and commercial buildings upon meeting their own criteria. Perhaps you can start a new topic on this and see how other players experience this.
[quote]8. Annual ROI was 761% in one commercial building for example. I don't know if that's a bug, maybe it's the inflation.[/quote]
Possibly
[quote]10. I tried to place both the cheapest and most expensive mansion and I had 761 millions, but the cheapest one says I don't have enough cash when trying to place it, and the expensive one has 'not enough cash' on it's picture.[/quote]
You may make your save game available via dropbox and we will investigate the bug.
[quote]Questions:
COO's also have their product class expertise, so does the player's expertise in a product class stack with COO's expertise? How should I best take advantage of both COO's and player's expertise together?[/quote]
They do not stack. Only one expertise is used at one time. You can look at the firm's manager portrait on the firm detail window to tell who is managing the firm, and the person's expertise applies to the firm.