Bug: Brand awareness never reaches 80+

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Bug: Brand awareness never reaches 80+

Re: Bug: Brand awareness never reaches 80+

by Purifier » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:44 am

David wrote:I think the dev team want you to utilize more media firms as part of the gameplay. So that you can't own a media firm and just allocate all your media budget to it.
Heheheh in my game in 1 city im doing just that lol. Bought a newspaper for nearly 600M (its montly profit is near 18M so thats nice, it will only takes bout 4 years before it starts to make a profit for my company :p)
But basicly you 2 are saying that it will backfire on me when my brand awareness get above 70 ?
I've allocated all my stores in that city to use that newspaper as advertiser.

Re: Bug: Brand awareness never reaches 80+

by Keither » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Well, this is Capitalism not monopoly after all!

Re: Bug: Brand awareness never reaches 80+

by David » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:36 pm

I think the dev team want you to utilize more media firms as part of the gameplay. So that you can't own a media firm and just allocate all your media budget to it.

Re: Bug: Brand awareness never reaches 80+

by mwyeoh » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Solved the problem. I just needed to advertise in one than one type of media outlet.
However, I still feel that this is unrealistic. It shouldnt matter how many types of media outlets you advertise in if you supply 75% of the city with your product

Bug: Brand awareness never reaches 80+

by mwyeoh » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi David

Through all my playthroughs, no matter how much I spend on advertising, I have never been able to increase brand awareness past 80. I have reached a high of around 78, but never higher.
Surely once a brand is really well known, you are spending 2million a month on advertising and you have 75% of the market share (Or less), everyone in the city should know your brand name.

Im sure that everyone in pretty much all developed countries would know the names "Microsoft/Apple" and "Coke/Pepsi"

Top