Error on modded .RES

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Ivantemplar

Error on modded .RES

Post by Ivantemplar »

Can you guys take a look at this error that I'm encountering on my last attempt to create a fully functional mod?

I noted the "last attempt" because after spending hours of fun modding the products and the production chain and making new .png pictures for my new items at some point I haven't been able to continue due to some type of error which I had been able to fix by searching the forum and some by going slowly on the modding process and testing the progress etc. But this time I'm stuck and not ready to try again except if the problem is simple.

I created a MOD .RES file from the MUD_kit package. On this particular occasion I had only changed the items on the Farm_Livestock file and the subsequently lines on the Farm_Livestock then Product_Types and Manufacture as need. Mind you I have changed the LPRODUCT of some of the itmes to be LSEMI because I didn't want the store to sell directly to the stores but to another factory so I can be sold to stores except for on single line which I discovered the game doesn't like when you leave the Product_types files with no LPRODUCTS at all so I left only one and it worked perfectly.
Some thing else I found is the game doesn't like when you arrange the line on the spread sheet which I found when the "ItemRes::Operator{}" shows up.

Anyway, I think I'm going over the top here but I was so excited when I found I could change some thinks on this game which I had enjoy so much early when it first came out but the errors are very disappointing and they come right after the many hours of work and learning on every particular mod.
Let me know if I should download the .res file or somthing.

Thanks.
Attachments
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (33.49 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Error on modded .RES

Post by David »

You may send me the source files of your MOD and I will check them for you. You may send a PM (private message) to me if you like with the download link to your files.
Ivantemplar

Post by Ivantemplar »

Hi David, thanks for your prompt respond.

I tried the PM feature and is said I'm not able to use it.
I did it under my profile, then Options, then Compose message. I'm not sure if that's the right way but seems the most logical.

Also on the source files, should I send you the Data folder or only the files that I changed? How about the pictures that I use, send those as well?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

You may either send me only files that you have changed, including image files or send me the entire MOD_KIT folder. You can send them to me via https://www.wetransfer.com/ or DropBox or any other online file transfer method you prefer.

Besides PM, you may also email me at info@enlight.com
Ivantemplar

Post by Ivantemplar »

Thanks I'll do that.

On a site note, I wanted to add not just for me but for any future readers/modders.

I started yet a new mod, changing the files with new products but this time I have left every single line intact as per the order the game has it, all new lines I have included at the bottom and I didn't re-arrenged them which I had done before to see more clearly the new input and I haven't had any errors so far, so perhaps that's something should be considered when modding and an warning for future modders, etc :-)

I'll continue including new products and see what happens. I haven't add new minerals which I'm eager to do.

Regards.