Page 1 of 2

New product types: Dining Table Set and Coffee Machine in the next major version

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:41 am
by David
In the upcoming major version 11.0 of Capitalism Lab, there will be two new product types that expand the game's manufacturing possibilities.

Dining Table Set (Product class: Furniture) which is made of
-Steel
-Glass
-Timber

Coffee Machine (Product class: Home Appliance) which is made of
-Aluminum
-Plastic
-Electronic Components

We're delighted to announce that the next major update will now be designated as version 11.0, rather than version 10.1, due to the larger number of innovative features and fresh content that would be added.

More new features for version 11.0 will be announced soon!

Re: New product types: Dining Table Set and Coffee Machine in the next major version

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:50 am
by Stylesjl
I like the addition of the Coffee Machine, in the case of the Dining Table Set I find this a slightly odd choice. It seems to partly overlap with an existing product - Chairs at least if the picture is an indication. I am not unhappy with the choice, it is a good use of different resources (Glass, Steel and Timber) which helps to diversify the Furniture category but I just found it odd that instead of going for something like a Table (without chairs) it was a full dining set instead.

Anyway don't mind me.

Re: New product types: Dining Table Set and Coffee Machine in the next major version

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:56 am
by David
Stylesjl wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:50 am I like the addition of the Coffee Machine, in the case of the Dining Table Set I find this a slightly odd choice. It seems to partly overlap with an existing product - Chairs at least if the picture is an indication. I am not unhappy with the choice, it is a good use of different resources (Glass, Steel and Timber) which helps to diversify the Furniture category but I just found it odd that instead of going for something like a Table (without chairs) it was a full dining set instead.
I see your point. If you could find a reference photo of the type of table you would suggest replacing the Dining Table Set (preferably with Glass, Steel and Timber), then I will send it to the dev team and recommend it.

Re: New product types: Dining Table Set and Coffee Machine in the next major version

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:06 am
by Dav3
David wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:56 am
Stylesjl wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:50 am I like the addition of the Coffee Machine, in the case of the Dining Table Set I find this a slightly odd choice. It seems to partly overlap with an existing product - Chairs at least if the picture is an indication. I am not unhappy with the choice, it is a good use of different resources (Glass, Steel and Timber) which helps to diversify the Furniture category but I just found it odd that instead of going for something like a Table (without chairs) it was a full dining set instead.
I see your point. If you could find a reference photo of the type of table you would suggest replacing the Dining Table Set (preferably with Glass, Steel and Timber), then I will send it to the dev team and recommend it.

you can use the one I used in my mod which is also build out of these three materials. Is without chairs and includes wood in it aswell.

Re: New product types: Dining Table Set and Coffee Machine in the next major version

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:32 am
by David
Hi Dav3, I will forward it to the dev team for their consideration.

One important factor to consider from the gameplay point of view is the product's price and its annual demand. I guess one of the reasons why the dev team chose the dining table set maybe because tables alone do not generate enough sales.

Re: New product types: Dining Table Set and Coffee Machine in the next major version

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:01 pm
by Stylesjl
I could not get an AI to generate a table made of Glass, Steel and Timber at the same time (I tried Craiyon).

But I did get something made from Steel and Glass:
Table.png
Table.png (28.41 KiB) Viewed 2958 times

Re: New product types: Dining Table Set and Coffee Machine in the next major version

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:35 pm
by David
Stylesjl wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:01 pm I could not get an AI to generate a table made of Glass, Steel and Timber at the same time (I tried Craiyon).

But I did get something made from Steel and Glass:
Table.png
What's your suggestion for its product's price and its annual demand per person?

Re: New product types: Dining Table Set and Coffee Machine in the next major version

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:29 pm
by cantdownloadit
well we bought our dining table/chairs over 10 years ago so i wouldnt think its a high frequency purchase.

google suggest 5 years low end with cheap product up to 30 years before replacing.

as for cost it can be anything from $100 to $thousands

Re: New product types: Dining Table Set and Coffee Machine in the next major version

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:10 pm
by Dav3
David wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:32 am Hi Dav3, I will forward it to the dev team for their consideration.

One important factor to consider from the gameplay point of view is the product's price and its annual demand. I guess one of the reasons why the dev team chose the dining table set maybe because tables alone do not generate enough sales.
I put mine at 300 $ dollars per table and the annual demand at 0,12 which is less than half of what the demand for chairs (0,27) are in the game but a bit more than of the sofas (0.09). I would say tables might break more often than a sofa would but are also sometimes bought together, but because of the table being cheaper it was my reason to put the demand for it a little bit higher in comparison to the sofa. In general I would say something in the range from 0,10~0,15 for demand would be right.

For product pictures I would suggest other modders the AI from microsoft called Copilot. It tends to make more professional looking pictures.
https://copilot.microsoft.com/

This is just one of the AI pictures it did create with the prompt of a glass table with wood and steal as materials.

Re: New product types: Dining Table Set and Coffee Machine in the next major version

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:25 pm
by cantdownloadit
looking at say https://megafurniture.sg/blogs/articles ... afurniture

suggests a dining table to last twice as long as a sofa... after all a sofa tends to sag/get worn with age, whereas a table doesnt tend to.