Page 1 of 1
CES City Economic Simulation - Job creation
Posted: Sun May 28, 2023 4:15 pm
by Profa
I was wondering what is game mechanic behind job creation?Obviously opening new factories/stores/civic buildings will do it, but at some point this kind of things reaches it's limit, and after that it is hard to improve/enlarge city.
Do cities create jobs by themselves?I did notice even if I do nothing there will be a slight increase in open jobs.
I also tried to decrease corporate profit tax rate, but the strange thing is it have temporary effect.First year there will be dramatic increase, but after that seems there is no difference.
Any suggestions?
Re: CES City Economic Simulation - Job creation
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:25 pm
by Pietro
If your city's competitiveness in certain industries is above average, you start generating "export" which decrease unemployment and allow to grow larger cities.
Re: CES City Economic Simulation - Job creation
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:02 am
by nosedigger
Pietro wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:25 pm
If your city's competitiveness in certain industries is above average, you start generating "export" which decrease unemployment and allow to grow larger cities.
I actually wanted to start a new thread for this question, but it's great that I found your answer here.
I've started recently playing City DLC, and after trial and error (and a huge amount of starting new cities) I still do not understand this concept of "Exports".
When the City competitiveness in an industry exceeds global, the City will start to "export" those goods.
Where can this actually be seen, except as an Export bar in City industry view ?
My question is actually, are goods from my factories and stores sold to the "Rest of the world", like real exports, or the game is referring only to the goods sold in other existing cities ?
For an example in "Survival mode", the markets are really small, and at one point, upgraded Medium factory will cover the whole market demand for a single product. I do not know how to grow my Cities further, what's the point in opening new factories if there is no real export/demand on global scale.