Supply and Demand
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:34 am
Hi,
Something that I've noticed in the game that has always had me curious because it doesn't make sense to me.
Let me give you an example...
I am manufacturing silver necklaces and selling to internal sales only
In the factory it tells me that for the silver necklaces that I'm producing that the demand for them is very low, maybe 20% of the demand bar. I assume this means that my retail stores that is selling the necklace are not buying all that many from my factory that produces the necklace
Yet in the stores that are selling the necklaces it's telling me that the supply for the item is very high, so how can it be that the supply for the necklaces to the stores is very high and yet the demand for the necklaces are very low at the factory? Wouldn't / shouldn't it be that if at the retail store the supply is very high then at the factory the demand would be very high too?
There must be something else involved that I don't notice.
Something that I've noticed in the game that has always had me curious because it doesn't make sense to me.
Let me give you an example...
I am manufacturing silver necklaces and selling to internal sales only
In the factory it tells me that for the silver necklaces that I'm producing that the demand for them is very low, maybe 20% of the demand bar. I assume this means that my retail stores that is selling the necklace are not buying all that many from my factory that produces the necklace
Yet in the stores that are selling the necklaces it's telling me that the supply for the item is very high, so how can it be that the supply for the necklaces to the stores is very high and yet the demand for the necklaces are very low at the factory? Wouldn't / shouldn't it be that if at the retail store the supply is very high then at the factory the demand would be very high too?
There must be something else involved that I don't notice.