Page 1 of 1

Total UI overhaul mod

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:38 am
by randomzier
As you can see I've made some progress regarding the Ux that was just painful to watch.
but many nubmers and text colors, important background files seems to be locked away in COL& ICN files.

currently requesting the devs to give us access to these files in order to overhaul the UX

Re: Total UI overhaul mod

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:52 am
by paulwoman
How did you manage to change all this?

I made a multilingual game request https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... age#p35740

If it's possible to load the language as a mod, that would be a good indirect way to do it, if only for me to test multiple languages at once.

Re: Total UI overhaul mod

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:57 am
by randomzier
well as obvious as it seems, everything blue is what I was not able to fetch.

currently requested everything in the red box.
lets hope the dev's help us out

Re: Total UI overhaul mod

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:20 am
by randomzier
paulwoman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:52 am How did you manage to change all this?

I made a multilingual game request https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... age#p35740

If it's possible to load the language as a mod, that would be a good indirect way to do it, if only for me to test multiple languages at once.
How?
Adderall, Caffeine, Tenacity to not study
and a bit of MSpaint skillz

in regards to your multilingual project, I'm sorry to say this but I don't think thats gonna help...
I have to manually change and edit the entire UI img files manually according to a coherent theme (which by the way is inpired by tradingviews dark theme)
the language files and background img files don't seem to overlap that much.

Re: Total UI overhaul mod

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:29 am
by paulwoman
OK. Thanks for the infos