Page 1 of 2

Need bath lotion for tutorial 4.

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:11 pm
by torajiro
Tutorial 4 requires bath lotion, but bath lotion has now been replaced by body lotion.
Isn't that why we can't proceed with Tutorial 4?

Re: Need bath lotion for tutorial 4.

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:06 pm
by paulwoman
torajiro wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:11 pm Tutorial 4 requires bath lotion, but bath lotion has now been replaced by body lotion.
Isn't that why we can't proceed with Tutorial 4?
I confirm: I cannot continue with tutorial 4 either with the basic file.

Replacing "Bath lotion" with notepad++ by "Body lotion" solves the problem :).

Please note that I don't understand why we removed the bath lotion; body lotion and bath can cohabit together.

PS: the translation with the new challenge is ready. I'm waiting for the "official" correction of the tutorial 4 as well as the typo I'm talking about here. https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/view ... 844#p34844

Re: Need bath lotion for tutorial 4.

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:42 pm
by torajiro
paulwoman wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:06 pm
Replacing "Bath lotion" with notepad++ by "Body lotion" solves the problem :).
That's true, but
I posted it because not everyone can fix things that way .

Re: Need bath lotion for tutorial 4.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:53 am
by torajiro
He explains this problem.

https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =13&t=8122

Aside from that, Tutorial 4 has this sentence.
Even if the economy is in a recession, people will still buy Bath Lotions. (Otherwise they'd all be smelly wouldn't they?)

If I were to change the sentence to the following, would the meaning be the same?

Even if the economy is in a recession, people will still buy Body Lotions. (Otherwise they'd all be smelly wouldn't they?)

This gives the impression as if body lotions (moisturizing creams) are body washes or bath salts.

Well, I'm not an expert on bath products, so I don't really know.

Re: Need bath lotion for tutorial 4.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:41 am
by paulwoman
torajiro wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:53 am
If I were to change the sentence to the following, would the meaning be the same?

Even if the economy is in a recession, people will still buy Body Lotions. (Otherwise they'd all be smelly wouldn't they?)

This gives the impression as if body lotions (moisturizing creams) are body washes or bath salts.
For me, "bath lotion" = "body lotion". I don't see the difference.

Several products do both at the same time.

https://www.amazon.fr/Bath-Body-Works-L ... B001KSR8XS https://www.flipkart.com/beauty-and-gro ... C5la%2C1ke

On the other hand, there is a difference with "bath salt", which is the product you put in the bath to relax. https://www.flipkart.com/search?q=bath+ ... ath%20salt

So, for me, the sentence work :)

In fact, this is exactly what I wrote in the installer I am proposing while waiting for the official update.

By the way, thanks again for your script.

Re: Need bath lotion for tutorial 4.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:54 am
by torajiro
What is this called in Belgium?

https://e-trena.co.uk/bath-salts/23913- ... 42693.html

Oh, I'll quit.

Well, anyway.
In Japan, bath lotion means a liquid bath salt(You know what I mean.) rather than a moisturizing cream.

And I've never heard of using moisturizing cream as a smell remover.

Re: Need bath lotion for tutorial 4.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:07 am
by paulwoman
torajiro wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:54 am What is this called in Belgium?

https://e-trena.co.uk/bath-salts/23913- ... 42693.html
Translation literal : "Lotion de bain au lait corporel"

It is these application

FR : https://collosol.com/blogs/conseils/bai ... ur-la-peau
EN : https://translate.google.com/translate? ... ur-la-peau
JP : https://translate.google.com/translate? ... ur-la-peau

Re: Need bath lotion for tutorial 4.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:46 am
by torajiro
That translates to bath lotion in Japanese.

Different countries have different cultures, so there's no point in arguing with you.

But Thank you for taking the time to find out.


If I substitute bath lotion for body lotion, would the meaning of this sentence be valid? I was just wondering.

(Otherwise they'd all be smelly wouldn't they?).


paulwoman wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:41 am
In fact, this is exactly what I wrote in the installer I am proposing while waiting for the official update.
What did you mean by this?

Re: Need bath lotion for tutorial 4.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:51 am
by paulwoman
torajiro wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:46 am
paulwoman wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:41 am
In fact, this is exactly what I wrote in the installer I am proposing while waiting for the official update.
What did you mean by this?
  1. I modified the tut04.txt file so that it works by changing ALL the "bath" by "body".
  2. I made an .exe with the hotfix
https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... 872#p34872

Re: Need bath lotion for tutorial 4.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:07 am
by torajiro
paulwoman wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:51 am
torajiro wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:46 am
paulwoman wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:41 am
In fact, this is exactly what I wrote in the installer I am proposing while waiting for the official update.
What did you mean by this?
  1. I modified the tut04.txt file so that it works by changing ALL the "bath" by "body".
  2. I made an .exe with the hotfix
https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... 872#p34872
I understand your intention.
Perhaps this problem will be fixed as you have created it.

Honestly, The problem in Tutorial 4 is not our problem, because it can be rewritten in any way.
And we can distribute it.

The only people who will be bothered by this problem are the English (vanilla) users.

However, I wonder why no one has suggested this issue.