Understanding Supply and Demand Bars

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
EBJ7

Understanding Supply and Demand Bars

Post by EBJ7 »

Hello everyone,

Just bought Labs after playing Capitalism 2 because this business simulation is just incredible.

I've played through a lot Capitalism 2's campaign and am just going through the tutorial of the Labs as a refresher on new things.

One thing I'm having trouble with is determining bottle necks. This was reinforced in the second tutorial where the Sales Unit I hooked up always had stock, it never was without product, yet the supply bar was a lot lower than the demand, the utilization was strangely not full either, about 98 percent.

It appears the supply is lower than the demand BECAUSE of the sales unit. Not because of the supply chain. Its confusing as a new player because you would assume the supply bar and demand bar would be in relation to the capacity of the unit, so if the demand is 3000 units a day, and the Sales team is only capable of selling 1000 units a day, you would see a max supply bar because the unit is being supplied with all that it can handle. Is there some sort of option or marker I can add so that I know a Sales unit is not meeting demand because of its own ability/capacity and now the Purchasing Unit or further down the supply chain?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Understanding Supply and Demand Bars

Post by David »

We will investigate the issue.

Could you please post a screenshot showing what you described in your message, and provide us with your save game for our testing?

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473