Page 1 of 1

Confused as to why I am competing in the first scenario of Capitalism 2

Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:43 pm
by EBCap
Hello all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, it appears the Capitalism 2 forum is locked.

First off, I LOVE this game, it speaks to my soul as a simulation lover. I just finished the entrepreneur campaign and and moving onto the more advanced one.

The set up for the scenario if that I've just developed a technology for the first time and to take advantage of my head start. I assume this product is computers, I checked the "Invented and Known by You Column" and I didn't see anything unique to me.

So I built a computer supply chain and started selling computers, although none of the companies have sold computers there is a market expectation of a certain price, I am not able to sell the computers unless I make less than 50 a unit because the quality and brand are so low I can't get the score above the average unless I lower pricing.

My question is, the whole basis of this scenario is I'm first to market with computers, so why is there a market average of brand,quality and price if there is nothing like that in the world yet? Is this just the scenario not translating to the game mechanics or am I missing something. If I am first to market with a newly invented product, how are consumers comparing price, brand and quality?

Re: Confused as to why I am competing in the first scenario of Capitalism 2

Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:46 am
by David
so why is there a market average of brand,quality and price if there is nothing like that in the world yet?
You may download Capitalism 2 manual from www.enlight.com/capitalism2/manual/Capi ... Manual.pdf

Please see page 120 about Local Competitors which should answer your question.

Re: Confused as to why I am competing in the first scenario of Capitalism 2

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:41 pm
by EBCap
That clears it up.

I was so excited by Capitalism Labs that I went ahead and bought it this morning. Can't wait to dive in.