Page 1 of 1
Internet compnies do not work
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:36 pm
by snuvet09
How do I increase the reach of the online sales?
In the game I hv already spent 10yrs since establishment of internet companies such as ecommerce and social network
but so far it doesnt seem like my companies function well, which means the value of public reach remains unchanged 0% for over several yrs after setting up the ecommerce business.
its been ages since I researched prerequisite skills far beyond minimum requirement to initiate internet business and then I also advertised my online services through local medias in anticipitation of the skyrocketing reach value, which turned out useless.
Although I let factories that manufacture automobile and smartphone sell those products via ecommerce sale, non of them were sold until now. still 0 amount
whats wrong with my internet companies? I want to make a profit via ecommerce platform
(I have all dlcs and play the latest beta version not to mention RW mod)
Re: Internet compnies do not work
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:58 pm
by saffgee
In all honesty I have found e-commerce to be somewhat nebulous as well - why do some products sell and others do not ? Is there a golden rule for what sort of mark-up is acceptable ? What is the interaction between standard channel retail and the same products sold on ecommerce platforms ? Does one cannibalise the other ?
Re: Internet compnies do not work
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:15 pm
by snuvet09
well, idk the rules but imo in the case of using both markets, it seems like the two types of sales channels are not exclusive but reciprocal. I guess no matter what sales channels you use, total number of sales might add up as a whole.
Re: Internet compnies do not work
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:56 am
by nejxis
did you enter the market too late? How many ecommerce competitors do you have? also is your tech one of the highest in game, compared to your competitors?
Try investing 5mill on 10 different sources of advertising for a year, use the best search engines, videos sharing platforms and so on.
Re: Internet compnies do not work
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:34 pm
by snuvet09
nejxis wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:56 am
did you enter the market too late? How many ecommerce competitors do you have? also is your tech one of the highest in game, compared to your competitors?
Try investing 5mill on 10 different sources of advertising for a year, use the best search engines, videos sharing platforms and so on.
I found out it always happens at the beginning of the game year(beta) without any competitors thus I assume that there's a sort of subtle bug in the latest beta version b/c I don't find any problem concerning ecommerce in full version.
in the full version, I dont have to struggle to gain %reach over zero as I easily get user pop with or without RW mod.
but when it comes to beta version, I only find ecommerce market frozen up
Re: Internet compnies do not work
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:22 pm
by saffgee
Also I am not sure that ecommerce plays well with mods - I've found it extremely hard to make some things sell, which makes me wonder whether maybe the product classes are hard coded or there is something else going on that forces some products to not sell properly or at all. I've had cases where I sell things at a massive discount to the price it normally sells at in retail - and still zero sales.
On a related but separate note about ecommerce, software in particular seems to be quite moody between the boxed version and the digital version - it makes for some weird dynamics and creates sort of like a death spiral where suddenly it all starts to go wrong.
Re: Internet compnies do not work
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:58 am
by David
My understanding is that goods with high freight costs sell less well on e-Commerce as consumers have to pay for the freight (It is not Amazon Prime.)
Re: Internet compnies do not work
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:19 am
by saffgee
Ok thanks David, but is that an absolute (ie high freight cost items NEVER sell) or does the game calculate it out. What I mean is if you have a good that retails at $20, but has a freight cost of $5 (ie relatively high), then will it start to sell online if I knock the price down to $10 ?
Re: Internet compnies do not work
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:54 am
by David
saffgee wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:19 am
Ok thanks David, but is that an absolute (ie high freight cost items NEVER sell) or does the game calculate it out. What I mean is if you have a good that retails at $20, but has a freight cost of $5 (ie relatively high), then will it start to sell online if I knock the price down to $10 ?
I asked the programmer and he said that the low price should have an effect to the sales.