Scripting Companies - Starting and Specialties
Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:45 pm
Hi,
Is there a way to script which companies will start the game as your competitors and force them to specialize in certain products.
For example, I want XYZ Corp and Blank Inc. to start as two of my competitors at the beginning of the game and force them to be a raw materials producer.
What I want to do is set up a couple of rivals to compete against in an Oil company type scenario (along with other regular companies). So far I am able to tie specific persons to companies, however, they only randomly appear in my starting companies and for some reason, the product they specialize in is random, even though I created a "Company_Detials.txt" that should force them to specialize:
eg.
[COMPANY]
Company = Prime Oil
CEO = Guy Topper
Product Expertise = RAW, 80
[TECH]
OIL = 80
In this case, I sometimes get Guy Topper who does run Prime Oil but they produce Juice or Jackets etc. for some reason?
I would like to hardcode into my MOD (in the dbf files maybe?) specific persons with a specific expertise.
Is there a way to script which companies will start the game as your competitors and force them to specialize in certain products.
For example, I want XYZ Corp and Blank Inc. to start as two of my competitors at the beginning of the game and force them to be a raw materials producer.
What I want to do is set up a couple of rivals to compete against in an Oil company type scenario (along with other regular companies). So far I am able to tie specific persons to companies, however, they only randomly appear in my starting companies and for some reason, the product they specialize in is random, even though I created a "Company_Detials.txt" that should force them to specialize:
eg.
[COMPANY]
Company = Prime Oil
CEO = Guy Topper
Product Expertise = RAW, 80
[TECH]
OIL = 80
In this case, I sometimes get Guy Topper who does run Prime Oil but they produce Juice or Jackets etc. for some reason?
I would like to hardcode into my MOD (in the dbf files maybe?) specific persons with a specific expertise.