Page 1 of 1

Weird math?

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:47 pm
by City Builder
Hi,
I found something strange in the latest version of the game.

When I go to place a warehouse, the cost in buying the land is 2,194,533 however if I were to buy the land in 1x1 squares it costs 2,194,821.
The individual squares are

Code: Select all

   
       398,527
       411,621
       532,257
       427,351
       425,065
Total: 2,194,821
To place the warehouse on the same squares it shows it will cost
2,194,553 to purchase the same land.

The game is paused, so the price of the land is not fluctuating.

Anybody else seeing this [as] weird math?

Re: Weird math?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:32 am
by mwyeoh
Hmm, is it possible that as you are buying the land, the land around it is increasing in price?

Re: Weird math?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:51 am
by City Builder
mwyeoh wrote:Hmm, is it possible that as you are buying the land, the land around it is increasing in price?
Only way I could see that happening would be if the price of the land fluctuates while the game is paused, but I'm pretty sure that when the game is paused, it's completely paused so things like land prices wouldn't be changing.

Re: Weird math?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:52 am
by Keither
Not weird math at all. When you buy in bulk you get a discount.

Re: Weird math?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:25 am
by City Builder
Keither wrote:Not weird math at all. When you buy in bulk you get a discount.
I hope that you are joking.

We're talking about a $57 discount on property parcels that sells between 398,527 to 532,257
So that means on a 532,257 parcel they are not even getting 1% discount.

Yeah, um, I have a hard time believing that is what it is. I just can't see them giving such a small discount and dealing in 2 digit numbers when the price of a parcel is in the middle 6 digit price range.

Re: Weird math?

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:31 am
by David
Could you provide me with your saved game with the problem via Dropbox?