Page 1 of 1

Company bankruptcy function suggestion

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:41 am
by poertc
E.g:
    Company A went bankrupt due to poor management. When insolvency, asked Company B, Company C, D person, E person, whether to acquire or provide funds for Company A.

I hope to increase this feature.

Re: Company bankruptcy function suggestion

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:11 pm
by leolisboa
I had thought of that too, that's a good idea. Because for example if this company has technologies that interest me I can buy it to keep them.

Re: Company bankruptcy function suggestion

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:33 pm
by james88
leolisboa wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:11 pm I had thought of that too, that's a good idea. Because for example if this company has technologies that interest me I can buy it to keep them.
Could you not just buy said companies shares once they reach a desired P/B ratio?

Re: Company bankruptcy function suggestion

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:30 pm
by megapolis
In my practice there were situations with bankruptcies where they were immediate without any apparent reasons. (AI decided to bankrupt company that had -200M net worth with more than 100M cash on hands)

Re: Company bankruptcy function suggestion

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:35 pm
by james88
megapolis wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:30 pm In my practice there were situations with bankruptcies where they were immediate without any apparent reasons. (AI decided to bankrupt company that had -200M net worth with more than 100M cash on hands)
The only way I could see this happening would be due to the repayment of a bond.

Re: Company bankruptcy function suggestion

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:09 pm
by megapolis
james88 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:35 pm
megapolis wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:30 pm In my practice there were situations with bankruptcies where they were immediate without any apparent reasons. (AI decided to bankrupt company that had -200M net worth with more than 100M cash on hands)
The only way I could see this happening would be due to the repayment of a bond.
It does not matter. What matters is that it was unexpected and immediate. (which is what the topic is about)

Re: Company bankruptcy function suggestion

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:46 pm
by james88
megapolis wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:09 pm
james88 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:35 pm
megapolis wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:30 pm In my practice there were situations with bankruptcies where they were immediate without any apparent reasons. (AI decided to bankrupt company that had -200M net worth with more than 100M cash on hands)
The only way I could see this happening would be due to the repayment of a bond.
It does not matter. What matters is that it was unexpected and immediate. (which is what the topic is about)
Sorry I misunderstood the post.

Re: Company bankruptcy function suggestion

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:03 am
by megapolis
:)