Page 1 of 2
Cap_Main.exe has stopped working - Mine
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:04 am
by Janis.Romans
When I click on Natural Resources firm, then on Mine= Cap_Main.exe has stopped working.
Here's the saved game data folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5l3rpy7sm0kxc33/KZ82M4WdnF
Re: Cap_Main.exe has stopped working - Mine
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:07 am
by David
1) I saw 3 saved games on your Dropbox folder. Which game should I use for testing the crash bug?
2) When you load the saved game and select Mine again, did it crash again?
3) We have modified some code related to natural resources and it will be released with the next patch. You may apply the patch when it becomes available and see if the crash bug still occurs.
Re: Cap_Main.exe has stopped working - Mine
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:29 am
by mwyeoh
Hi David
This sometimes happens to me too
It happens at random. Sometimes its fine, other times it crashes, so far I havent found a reproducable method to make it crash
Re: Cap_Main.exe has stopped working - Mine
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:33 am
by David
Do you remember if the crash ever happened to you at version 1.943 ?
Re: Cap_Main.exe has stopped working - Mine
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:13 pm
by mwyeoh
No, I dont think so
Re: Cap_Main.exe has stopped working - Mine
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:48 pm
by Janis.Romans
1) I saw 3 saved games on your Dropbox folder. Which game should I use for testing the crash bug?
ROBO_001.SAV
7.9 MB
4 hrs ago
2) When you load the saved game and select Mine again, did it crash again?
Yes, it did.
3) We have modified some code related to natural resources and it will be released with the next patch. You may apply the patch when it becomes available and see if the crash bug still occurs.
OK, thanks!

Re: Cap_Main.exe has stopped working - Mine
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:02 pm
by David
If any person has also encountered this crash bug, please also send me 1) the saved game and 2) capture the screenshot where the crash happened (like the above screenshot).
It seems that the crash happens when the mouse hovers over on a specific location in a specific city and the screenshot and the saved game will help us to replicate the bug and track it down.
Re: Cap_Main.exe has stopped working - Mine
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:07 pm
by David
Janis.Romans wrote:1) I saw 3 saved games on your Dropbox folder. Which game should I use for testing the crash bug?
ROBO_001.SAV
7.9 MB
4 hrs ago
2) When you load the saved game and select Mine again, did it crash again?
Yes, it did.
I loaded ROBO_001.SAV and selected Mine but it didn't crash. I believe that the crash happens when the mouse hovers over on a specific location in a specific city. Could you please try again and this time capture the screen with the crash window on the CapLab game screen, and post the screenshot here - so that we can follow your action and click on that particular spot on the city?
Re: Cap_Main.exe has stopped working - Mine
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:16 pm
by Janis.Romans
David wrote:Do you remember if the crash ever happened to you at version 1.943 ?
I do, but it didn't happen so frequently.
Re: Cap_Main.exe has stopped working - Mine
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:49 pm
by Keither
I've encountered this crash twice in 1.952 but forgot to report. When click on nature resources then mines, it crashes. Load the save' game and it works again when repeat these steps, however, it crashes later on when try to build mines.