Page 1 of 1
Technology Rating Always Low Even when Top Tech
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:21 am
by rmphoenix
Noticing some odd behavior related to software tech (could be others but not sure since i'm only making software atm). So basically, I have the top tech for a good chunk of software compared to my competitors; however, my tech rating is only 100 vs top tech which is 300+ as referenced in the manufacturing unit ui (number is irrelevant). Is this a bug or am I missing something? A possible explanation could be local competition but its only set on medium and I've never seen local competition affect my product quality to this extent. I'm maxed on research with 9-units devoted to each piece of tech. Provided are pics of what I'm seeing for my OS software as well as for my word processor software. In fact, as I'm looking, I see my tech rating in manufacturing max out at 100 while top tech goes wayyy beyond 100. It SEEMS like it could be some kindof normalization error? Thanks guys!

- CapitalismPossibleProductQualityGlitch.jpg (523.48 KiB) Viewed 1347 times

- CapitalismPossibleProductQualityGlitch_WordSoftware.jpg (486.08 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
Re: Technology Rating Always Low Even when Top Tech
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 am
by David
The latest patch v5.4.32 contains some fixes pertaining to the tech ratings.
Please apply the patch and see if it has fixed the issues. Download link:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4887
Re: Technology Rating Always Low Even when Top Tech
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:47 pm
by rmphoenix
Interesting, I thought I was playing on bleeding edge version. I'll check when I get home though. Thank you!
Re: Technology Rating Always Low Even when Top Tech
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:10 am
by rmphoenix
Oh, btw, the version I'm playing on 5.6.10 (beta). Not sure if there's a slight regression or if 5.6.11 fixes the tech rating.
Re: Technology Rating Always Low Even when Top Tech
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 am
by chengtsai
Why we keep going back fix previous fixed bugs!!!? What is going on? This was never a issue now it is an issue. Shocking!!!
Re: Technology Rating Always Low Even when Top Tech
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:44 am
by David
The bug has been fixed in v5.6.11.
Re: Technology Rating Always Low Even when Top Tech
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:18 am
by rmphoenix
haha, its no problem. I know side effects do occur from changes and I'd much rather have an expanding game vs a dead game.
Re: Technology Rating Always Low Even when Top Tech
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm
by williammgary1
chengtsai wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 am
Why we keep going back fix previous fixed bugs!!!? What is going on? This was never a issue now it is an issue. Shocking!!!
He released a patch for the release version of the game for me. I'm playing release while some of you may be using Post-Release Beta (or whatever they are calling it)