Page 1 of 1

Unrecoverable Natural Resources

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:37 pm
by mwyeoh
Hi David

I have noticed two situations where the AI has blocked development on a natural resource

One is possibly that built a logging camp but prodeded to demolish it but keep the land

The other, I am not sure how they did it, but the AI's HQ is built ontop of it

Same savegame as before
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23145017/CHAL_007.zip

Re: Unrecoverable Natural Resources

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:47 pm
by Purifier
i've seen this happen in my games aswell, but to my knowledge it happens on new recource spawns (so the ai already owns that ground). I've also seen recources spawning under highly density builded (ai factories,r&D,shops) part of cities. In the start to midgame its inconvenient, but if your unlucky after lets say 100 years orso, all spawns are beneath ai owned buildings or owned ground. I know its a doomsday scenario (ie: worst case) but hey this is beta and i think the Devs wants to know this, to see if they can change the spawning code so this cant happen.

Re: Unrecoverable Natural Resources

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:24 pm
by David
An attempt has been made to fix this and will be available in the next patch 1.940