Suggestions: Expertise, policies, Size of property
Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:47 pm
I have a few suggestions, but let me start by saying that it's nice to see the development of Capitalism. Have not played it for many years (before I got the beta access for Capitalism Lab) because it got too easy for me. AI was simply not strong enough to keep me away from totally dominating all markets, until no other AI company could even survive unless I gave them permission to. The game is definitely a lot more challenging now (or I have lost the magic touch
)
Choosing personal Product Class Expertise / Field Expertise
It would be nice when setting up a game to choose which product class will be your main expertise area.
You could also combine it with other other field of expertise. For example giving the user 100 points which can be freely distributed between different fields of expertise or a product class expertise.
More management policies for COO/CTO etc.
It's very nice that hiring COO, CTO actually starts to be more than just a rather worthless gimmick. I think however that you as the CEO should be able to control the employees better using management policies. As an example then my latest CTO suddenly chose to stop researching one of my main products (gold ring) and started researching cigars. I know it's just a game, but tobacco products is just something I don't want to earn money on producing or selling. The CTO btw had Sport Equipment as expertise, so I don't know based on what criterias he choose to start researching Cigars.
Possibilities for CTO:
Simple: Restrict research to certain product classes/products
More advanced: Creating research budgets for certain product classes/products
More advanced: Giving instructions as: We always want to be a technology leader for products X, Y, Z (CTO then control research based on competition)
More advanced: CTO can give suggestions. Like for example: "I think it would be a good idea to start researching cigars because there is currently few competitors and high margins for this products". And then I can se "NO"
Possibilities for COO:
Tell COO to make sure that you always have cheapest prices on given products
Tell COO to make sure that you always have most competitive prices on given products (based on price/quality/brand)
Tell COO to monitor your business and (for those who want to avoid too many messages it could be collected in a monthly report from the COO) :
- Notify when competitors have more competive prices
- Notfiy when your market share of a given product have decreased over N % within last month
- Notify when you have products where the demand is lot larger than the supply
- Suggest other products for retail sale
Haven't used CMO that much yet so actually don't know what he/she controls.
Size of factories, farms, stores etc.
It's has been mentioned by others too, so I will just say that I believe the possiblity to choose larger factories, farms, stores etc. would be nice too. For example having 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5 to choose between.
regards, Henrik
Choosing personal Product Class Expertise / Field Expertise
It would be nice when setting up a game to choose which product class will be your main expertise area.
You could also combine it with other other field of expertise. For example giving the user 100 points which can be freely distributed between different fields of expertise or a product class expertise.
More management policies for COO/CTO etc.
It's very nice that hiring COO, CTO actually starts to be more than just a rather worthless gimmick. I think however that you as the CEO should be able to control the employees better using management policies. As an example then my latest CTO suddenly chose to stop researching one of my main products (gold ring) and started researching cigars. I know it's just a game, but tobacco products is just something I don't want to earn money on producing or selling. The CTO btw had Sport Equipment as expertise, so I don't know based on what criterias he choose to start researching Cigars.
Possibilities for CTO:
Simple: Restrict research to certain product classes/products
More advanced: Creating research budgets for certain product classes/products
More advanced: Giving instructions as: We always want to be a technology leader for products X, Y, Z (CTO then control research based on competition)
More advanced: CTO can give suggestions. Like for example: "I think it would be a good idea to start researching cigars because there is currently few competitors and high margins for this products". And then I can se "NO"
Possibilities for COO:
Tell COO to make sure that you always have cheapest prices on given products
Tell COO to make sure that you always have most competitive prices on given products (based on price/quality/brand)
Tell COO to monitor your business and (for those who want to avoid too many messages it could be collected in a monthly report from the COO) :
- Notify when competitors have more competive prices
- Notfiy when your market share of a given product have decreased over N % within last month
- Notify when you have products where the demand is lot larger than the supply
- Suggest other products for retail sale
Haven't used CMO that much yet so actually don't know what he/she controls.
Size of factories, farms, stores etc.
It's has been mentioned by others too, so I will just say that I believe the possiblity to choose larger factories, farms, stores etc. would be nice too. For example having 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5 to choose between.
regards, Henrik