Mega holding company strategy
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:37 am
So I recently got all the DLC and haven’t messed with subsidiaries yet. I decided I would try to do a playthrough as a holding company that only made money off subs.
Basically, I started with a decent amount of money and with subs I chose the best CEO and let them grow as they wanted. I opened 3 to begin with and to add a little role play, I made it like a competition where every year whoever had highest profit I would infuse more cash. After awhile I could see I had a clear winner, and when they were hitting a couple billion in profit, I had them IPO.
I continued making subsidiaries until I had 8 total.
Each one payed a 20% dividend as a “tax” to me, in which I turned around and kept making more subs. All this time I have been buying apartments in the biggest cities for income and It was at this time I also opened telecoms in 2 of the biggest cities and had a 100% monopoly, this has been my only real income the whole game.
I continued having $2bil+ profit subs Ipo’ing until the game wouldn’t let me create anymore. This is when I started world domination.
The whole game up to this point my company has had the highest market cap/lowest profit due to 80-100% ownership in these successful subs, and my stock price is like $4.
I started slowly buying up all the private companies(not owned by me) that we’re making a profit, and hired a COO to run them. My profit went from $3billion to $20bil within the year. I kept reinvesting this money and merging all my subs into my company, hostile takeovers of competitors and at this point I am a mega conglomerate of like 700 department stores, 600 factories, 400 farms, 230 apartments, 49 commercial buildings, 8 software comps, 13 internet companies, and 4 telecoms.
I’m still working on buying the last 3 of the original AI companies but at the moment my operating profit is ridiculous at $145 billion and rising, and my player character has a net worth of $200 billion top 5 richest ai combined) with all his stock ownership(100% on 2 of the last 3 originals, plus 2 other top players) which is almost 80% of my nations GDP, lmao.
Basically, I started with a decent amount of money and with subs I chose the best CEO and let them grow as they wanted. I opened 3 to begin with and to add a little role play, I made it like a competition where every year whoever had highest profit I would infuse more cash. After awhile I could see I had a clear winner, and when they were hitting a couple billion in profit, I had them IPO.
I continued making subsidiaries until I had 8 total.
Each one payed a 20% dividend as a “tax” to me, in which I turned around and kept making more subs. All this time I have been buying apartments in the biggest cities for income and It was at this time I also opened telecoms in 2 of the biggest cities and had a 100% monopoly, this has been my only real income the whole game.
I continued having $2bil+ profit subs Ipo’ing until the game wouldn’t let me create anymore. This is when I started world domination.
The whole game up to this point my company has had the highest market cap/lowest profit due to 80-100% ownership in these successful subs, and my stock price is like $4.
I started slowly buying up all the private companies(not owned by me) that we’re making a profit, and hired a COO to run them. My profit went from $3billion to $20bil within the year. I kept reinvesting this money and merging all my subs into my company, hostile takeovers of competitors and at this point I am a mega conglomerate of like 700 department stores, 600 factories, 400 farms, 230 apartments, 49 commercial buildings, 8 software comps, 13 internet companies, and 4 telecoms.
I’m still working on buying the last 3 of the original AI companies but at the moment my operating profit is ridiculous at $145 billion and rising, and my player character has a net worth of $200 billion top 5 richest ai combined) with all his stock ownership(100% on 2 of the last 3 originals, plus 2 other top players) which is almost 80% of my nations GDP, lmao.