Okay so i found a few things that could be better
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:59 am
Did alot of testing yesterday here are a few pointers that i think could be better:
1. Advertisement prices in retail stores: After i select my Ad service it usually doubles the price of the service, not sure if this is intentional but it's annoying as hell. Could you make it more stable, so it wouldn't jump up like this and then go down after a few months i switch the Ad service provider. I don't think 500 000 dollars per product advertisement is enough with inflation.
2. Why did you change stock buying, product price changing + and - button, I can't seem to hold it down and increase or decrease the price anymore. I think it was better the old way although i have to admit it was quite hard getting the exact amount I wanted when it was possible to hold it down. So I'm actually not sure what to do about this.
3. The inflation. I think it's too brutal. I was at the year 2020 and tv, radio, newspaper stations cost over 1B, also i don't think its possible to actually make money with natural resources like Logging camp and so on with this extreme inflation. Well it is possible but in my opinion the prices go a little bit too crazy after a while.
4. Stock market. Your gain and losses tab. I think if this reset every time after you sold all of your stocks of a company then it would be awesome. Right now its just showing my all time earnings from each stock, dont get me wrong its nice but maybe add another tab for all time earnings from a stock and another one for what i said before. I really enjoy this tab though, feel it could be a little bit better.
5. Your brand and the AI. For example, I don't want to own a retail shop which is pretty much a must right now if i actually want to sell my product. Is it possible to make AI advertise my products and get the brand rating up in the city they sell it in. Because right now i have to open a retail shop in each city and advertise my own products myself, for the brand rating to be competitive. Unless i do that, I have to sell my product at pretty much half the price to AI so they can also make some profit reselling, but this isn't really working in my opinion.
6. Moving around the map with right click is really really bad right now. It's not smooth or really usable at all. Also, would it be possible to make it so i can move around the maps with arrow keys as well as right mouse click.
EDIT:
7. Its hard to change prices on products as the + and - buttons are quite unresponsive. Sometimes i have to click those buttons so many times to change the price by one increment
8. Would it be possible to add factory upgrade and downgrade i.e hiring more workers and sacking them when not needed - for some fee of course.
EDIT:
9. I also have an issue with brand rating going down randomly even though i have best media firm linked - with 37% rating and spending max on advertising while the CPM is ~3. Apparently switching to another media firm with rating of 27% and CPM ~2.6 fixes this issue and my brand rating starts going up again.
Can't remember anything else right now i will however keep adding stuff in this thread. Oh yea, is it possible to pre-order this game already i really like cap lab.
1. Advertisement prices in retail stores: After i select my Ad service it usually doubles the price of the service, not sure if this is intentional but it's annoying as hell. Could you make it more stable, so it wouldn't jump up like this and then go down after a few months i switch the Ad service provider. I don't think 500 000 dollars per product advertisement is enough with inflation.
2. Why did you change stock buying, product price changing + and - button, I can't seem to hold it down and increase or decrease the price anymore. I think it was better the old way although i have to admit it was quite hard getting the exact amount I wanted when it was possible to hold it down. So I'm actually not sure what to do about this.
3. The inflation. I think it's too brutal. I was at the year 2020 and tv, radio, newspaper stations cost over 1B, also i don't think its possible to actually make money with natural resources like Logging camp and so on with this extreme inflation. Well it is possible but in my opinion the prices go a little bit too crazy after a while.
4. Stock market. Your gain and losses tab. I think if this reset every time after you sold all of your stocks of a company then it would be awesome. Right now its just showing my all time earnings from each stock, dont get me wrong its nice but maybe add another tab for all time earnings from a stock and another one for what i said before. I really enjoy this tab though, feel it could be a little bit better.
5. Your brand and the AI. For example, I don't want to own a retail shop which is pretty much a must right now if i actually want to sell my product. Is it possible to make AI advertise my products and get the brand rating up in the city they sell it in. Because right now i have to open a retail shop in each city and advertise my own products myself, for the brand rating to be competitive. Unless i do that, I have to sell my product at pretty much half the price to AI so they can also make some profit reselling, but this isn't really working in my opinion.
6. Moving around the map with right click is really really bad right now. It's not smooth or really usable at all. Also, would it be possible to make it so i can move around the maps with arrow keys as well as right mouse click.
EDIT:
7. Its hard to change prices on products as the + and - buttons are quite unresponsive. Sometimes i have to click those buttons so many times to change the price by one increment
8. Would it be possible to add factory upgrade and downgrade i.e hiring more workers and sacking them when not needed - for some fee of course.
EDIT:
9. I also have an issue with brand rating going down randomly even though i have best media firm linked - with 37% rating and spending max on advertising while the CPM is ~3. Apparently switching to another media firm with rating of 27% and CPM ~2.6 fixes this issue and my brand rating starts going up again.
Can't remember anything else right now i will however keep adding stuff in this thread. Oh yea, is it possible to pre-order this game already i really like cap lab.