Page 1 of 1

Possible Brand Glitch

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 pm
by labthatcap
I have only been able to produce this issue when selling Beds. I basically used different advertising companies to slowly build up my brand rating to just shy of 100 (using Unique brand strategy), then I set my advertising budget to max (500k) using my own media firm that I started (tv station, 33.78% rating points). Over the coming years my brand slowly dropped - all the way back to 0! See the screenshot below, I was using max advertising budget running to the same product 4 times over in my single store via my tv station that has 33.78% rating points. It should never have gone back to 0 as this makes no sense! If anything it should bounce around a small range but generally stay somewhat static as my ads were constantly running.

Anyways this seems like a glitch, but if it is not then could I suggest making CMO's actively manage your brand ratings / advertising to prevent a drop like this from happening? I did have a CMO with a 60 marketing rating employed the entire time when this happened so it would seems as though the CMO does not affect or help with brand rating as it stands (at least not in this case)

Re: Possible Brand Glitch

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:26 am
by David
Please send me your saved game via Dropbox.

Re: Possible Brand Glitch

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:23 am
by labthatcap
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98107195/PLAY_003.SAV

That is the link to the saved game (sorry it took so long - have been busy at work). I have it set so you start on the furniture store, all you have to do is open it and watch. It will take a few years for it to drop all the way down but it will (hence why I have it set to max speed).