Report with a game in 1.196
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:26 am
So, I played a 100-years game with the 1.196.
I put it on the hardest mode.
The game lasted 9 hours.
I gave myself the limit to not sell anything directly to people.
I ended with 15 billions, being first in the game.
I could have made much more but didn't want to as I knew there was about to have more patches.
I made 4B revenue, and 400M profit which is quite good as i didn't sell anything. I could have methodically buy anything in the game and make much more but didn't want to.
GOOD :
- The game was very competitive. Even during the last 30 years, there were people richer than me at some times (I ended with 15B, the second was at 9B, and they were 2. There were 12 local billionnaires in the end, 4 of them being stock focused investors, 2 of them were NPC
- I looked at every products. There are more or less 2, 3 or 4 competitors PER products PER city.
If I look at the world stat, i would say that rezrezrzerzerzerzer
- You never get bored. There are so many products and things to do that you can always do more
- In the end, the cities are full. You cannot build in cities anymore, or have to buy a slot before.
- All the stocks are owned. There are a lot of transactions between AI to buy/rebuy stocks
- In the end, all the products are produced and sold. 50% of the retail of Air conditionner are controlled by AI, with 8 competitors on this product. But only 1 on backpacks. There were some extreme case such as cakes (10 retailers, 5 producers), Cookies (11retailers/2 producers), eye shadow (11/7). Leather has 15 producers ! But cars has only 2 producers (and they control more or less 1% of the market, which is very small and quite sad, perhaps it's a real issue?). Motorcycles are normal (25% of the market is controlled by AI, 4 producers 4 sellers. There are at least 3 or 4 producers and retailers for each products (apart from coconut oil and corn syrup, which i think is internal produced in plants)
Leather and Smartphones are the world biggest markets (47M/55M). They also are my biggest productions :p (25% of the leather market, 33% of the smartphones)
- There are 37 media firms, some where built by AI. Every media firms are controlled by a player. None remained in the hand of the governments.
- 15 AI makes less than 50M per year (with 7 which are loosing money, 4 because they uses timber as material, which I own and make them pay very hard). On the other hand, 13 are making more than 100M per year.
- Technologies were sold and bought all along the game. It works very fine. But, however, on very competitive products (such as cakes) the highest tech is only 250. Idem for cars (which was not very competitive, but should be). Air conditioner was a real war , with highest tech nearly 3000 and a lot of tech sellings.
BAD :
- There were nearly no mines (only 1 of Iron, for example and 2 timbers).
As a result, when a mine was built, it was "internal sales" very soon, and many AI who needed it didn't build one and lost much money.
As a result, too, the small mines (Iron, Coal) which were smaller were empty very very quickly (every 1 or 2 years) so it was quite a pain.
- Some AI built back all their stocks until they are 100% controlled by them, and after that nothing happens anymore.
- The AI didn't react to some obvious event. For example one AI had built factories with camera telephone. There weren't any camera telephone sold anymore, as the smartphone was here. But he kept all his factories and retail with camera telephone. Idem with beds. He built beds but has I controlled the only timber lodges, i tried to maximize the price. He continued to built and sell them, even if he lost a hell of money with them.
- With time, all the cities are the same (it was already emphasized). Real wages ranged from 80 to 86.
- I had never seen episode of critical growth (<-3%, >5%) after 50-60 years
- Residential slots were nearly all bought in the same city. But the AI never developed it. Some contains only an hospital, a fire station (for example) and 2 residences, a retail discount and that's all.
- Technology is still cheap. 200/250 tech costs 8M, whereas you have to wait 10 years with a 3x3 R&D center to make the same amount of technology. When you make 200 or 300M per year, it's nothing. I still think and claim that the amount should be linked to the size of the market.
I have probably more things to say, but can't remember what here.
I hope this helps.
I put it on the hardest mode.
The game lasted 9 hours.
I gave myself the limit to not sell anything directly to people.
I ended with 15 billions, being first in the game.
I could have made much more but didn't want to as I knew there was about to have more patches.
I made 4B revenue, and 400M profit which is quite good as i didn't sell anything. I could have methodically buy anything in the game and make much more but didn't want to.
GOOD :
- The game was very competitive. Even during the last 30 years, there were people richer than me at some times (I ended with 15B, the second was at 9B, and they were 2. There were 12 local billionnaires in the end, 4 of them being stock focused investors, 2 of them were NPC
- I looked at every products. There are more or less 2, 3 or 4 competitors PER products PER city.
If I look at the world stat, i would say that rezrezrzerzerzerzer
- You never get bored. There are so many products and things to do that you can always do more
- In the end, the cities are full. You cannot build in cities anymore, or have to buy a slot before.
- All the stocks are owned. There are a lot of transactions between AI to buy/rebuy stocks
- In the end, all the products are produced and sold. 50% of the retail of Air conditionner are controlled by AI, with 8 competitors on this product. But only 1 on backpacks. There were some extreme case such as cakes (10 retailers, 5 producers), Cookies (11retailers/2 producers), eye shadow (11/7). Leather has 15 producers ! But cars has only 2 producers (and they control more or less 1% of the market, which is very small and quite sad, perhaps it's a real issue?). Motorcycles are normal (25% of the market is controlled by AI, 4 producers 4 sellers. There are at least 3 or 4 producers and retailers for each products (apart from coconut oil and corn syrup, which i think is internal produced in plants)
Leather and Smartphones are the world biggest markets (47M/55M). They also are my biggest productions :p (25% of the leather market, 33% of the smartphones)
- There are 37 media firms, some where built by AI. Every media firms are controlled by a player. None remained in the hand of the governments.
- 15 AI makes less than 50M per year (with 7 which are loosing money, 4 because they uses timber as material, which I own and make them pay very hard). On the other hand, 13 are making more than 100M per year.
- Technologies were sold and bought all along the game. It works very fine. But, however, on very competitive products (such as cakes) the highest tech is only 250. Idem for cars (which was not very competitive, but should be). Air conditioner was a real war , with highest tech nearly 3000 and a lot of tech sellings.
BAD :
- There were nearly no mines (only 1 of Iron, for example and 2 timbers).
As a result, when a mine was built, it was "internal sales" very soon, and many AI who needed it didn't build one and lost much money.
As a result, too, the small mines (Iron, Coal) which were smaller were empty very very quickly (every 1 or 2 years) so it was quite a pain.
- Some AI built back all their stocks until they are 100% controlled by them, and after that nothing happens anymore.
- The AI didn't react to some obvious event. For example one AI had built factories with camera telephone. There weren't any camera telephone sold anymore, as the smartphone was here. But he kept all his factories and retail with camera telephone. Idem with beds. He built beds but has I controlled the only timber lodges, i tried to maximize the price. He continued to built and sell them, even if he lost a hell of money with them.
- With time, all the cities are the same (it was already emphasized). Real wages ranged from 80 to 86.
- I had never seen episode of critical growth (<-3%, >5%) after 50-60 years
- Residential slots were nearly all bought in the same city. But the AI never developed it. Some contains only an hospital, a fire station (for example) and 2 residences, a retail discount and that's all.
- Technology is still cheap. 200/250 tech costs 8M, whereas you have to wait 10 years with a 3x3 R&D center to make the same amount of technology. When you make 200 or 300M per year, it's nothing. I still think and claim that the amount should be linked to the size of the market.
I have probably more things to say, but can't remember what here.
I hope this helps.