1.916 Feedback
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:50 pm
Hi David
Here is my completed game. My goal was 2 billion in profits in 40 years. I managed to pull it off in 34.
Difficulty level 8
Heres the saved game
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23145017/MAT__003.zip
* Early game is quite challenging. The AI typically has lots of money to spend and the Local Producers have a good tech level. Further into the game, the local producers lose quite alot of ther edge and have a very low tech level at the end, which made expanding into new areas quite a bit easier. This is understandable when the highest tech is 1400 or it is a product which needs to be researched.
* I had 6 good retail players this time. However they very quickly and early on reached their peak level of profits in 10-12 years and then stagnated after that. Their core products remained very profitable, but the AI failed to properly expand into other areas. I believe the cause of this is the AI's lack of R&D centers. SO MY RECOMMENDATION: Once they have a good amount of profits, the AI need to build more R&D centers. Eg- Mankind (One of the best AI) had 4 R&D centers at the end of the game. I had 12 which allowed me to get good techs with a number of products
* There was an aquisition! Rising Sun (One of the best retail AI) was taken over by Green Stylists (Originally stock AI). So that was good. Its a pity that there was only 1. Overall though the Stock AI are increasing their networth by quite a bit through investments.
* 5 AI were on the verge of bankruptcy. Superforce, Platinum Hammer, IQ Company, Zeta Group and Thunder Corp. All five started as Tech AI. Therefore, tech AI still are not making much money. Again this is because aquiring technology is still much too cheap (I aquired desktop tech for 8 million, and within 1 year, was already making 50 million in profits from it).
* On average, the Real Estate AI made 1 Billion through the game (lifetime) which was a respectable effort. The 6 Retail AI were making around 6 Billion though
* To take advantage of new features, I would still like to see AI try to set up chains for their most profitable lines (Those earning more than 80 million a month)
* AI are still not selling their most profitable lines in all cities which is a HUGE missed opportunity.
* By the end of the game, the real wage rates for all cities was nearly exactly 80 (See screenshot)... Which means wages doubled in some cities, but stayed practically the same in the cities which at the beginning were most affluent. This however was not reflected in the "Concerns" values or the average prices by local producers. The cities which were initially cheap stayed that way and the expensive ones stayed expensive despite the wages equilizing This may be a bug
*About half way through the game, I was severely hammered in brand loyalty in Tianjin (See screenshot). I have no idea what caused it, and at the end I pulled all my advertising in that city. The negative loyalty continued to get worse though and I have no idea how to fix it!! Tianjin was the city which produced all my goods
Here is my completed game. My goal was 2 billion in profits in 40 years. I managed to pull it off in 34.
Difficulty level 8
Heres the saved game
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23145017/MAT__003.zip
* Early game is quite challenging. The AI typically has lots of money to spend and the Local Producers have a good tech level. Further into the game, the local producers lose quite alot of ther edge and have a very low tech level at the end, which made expanding into new areas quite a bit easier. This is understandable when the highest tech is 1400 or it is a product which needs to be researched.
* I had 6 good retail players this time. However they very quickly and early on reached their peak level of profits in 10-12 years and then stagnated after that. Their core products remained very profitable, but the AI failed to properly expand into other areas. I believe the cause of this is the AI's lack of R&D centers. SO MY RECOMMENDATION: Once they have a good amount of profits, the AI need to build more R&D centers. Eg- Mankind (One of the best AI) had 4 R&D centers at the end of the game. I had 12 which allowed me to get good techs with a number of products
* There was an aquisition! Rising Sun (One of the best retail AI) was taken over by Green Stylists (Originally stock AI). So that was good. Its a pity that there was only 1. Overall though the Stock AI are increasing their networth by quite a bit through investments.
* 5 AI were on the verge of bankruptcy. Superforce, Platinum Hammer, IQ Company, Zeta Group and Thunder Corp. All five started as Tech AI. Therefore, tech AI still are not making much money. Again this is because aquiring technology is still much too cheap (I aquired desktop tech for 8 million, and within 1 year, was already making 50 million in profits from it).
* On average, the Real Estate AI made 1 Billion through the game (lifetime) which was a respectable effort. The 6 Retail AI were making around 6 Billion though
* To take advantage of new features, I would still like to see AI try to set up chains for their most profitable lines (Those earning more than 80 million a month)
* AI are still not selling their most profitable lines in all cities which is a HUGE missed opportunity.
* By the end of the game, the real wage rates for all cities was nearly exactly 80 (See screenshot)... Which means wages doubled in some cities, but stayed practically the same in the cities which at the beginning were most affluent. This however was not reflected in the "Concerns" values or the average prices by local producers. The cities which were initially cheap stayed that way and the expensive ones stayed expensive despite the wages equilizing This may be a bug
*About half way through the game, I was severely hammered in brand loyalty in Tianjin (See screenshot). I have no idea what caused it, and at the end I pulled all my advertising in that city. The negative loyalty continued to get worse though and I have no idea how to fix it!! Tianjin was the city which produced all my goods