Feedback: Bankrupt AI/Unsuccessful AI
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:13 am
Hi David
I just thought you might be interested in the progress of the AI thus far. I am playing at lvl 6, and they are not playing as well as previously
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23145017/MAT__001.zip
This is taken just a few days before Global Link goes bankrupt
Overall, I havent had any successful AI in this game.
*The Stock AI are buying and selling stocks, but because the other AI are not very successful, they are losing money.
*The big improvement is the real estate AI. They have made the most money out of the AI this time around, but it could still be better (5-13 mil annual profit after 14 years)
*The AI are researching this time, but I fear it coould be the cause of their bankrupcy. R&D seems to be costing them ALOT and they are not reaping the benefits from it (Eg- Global Link invented Camera Phones 10 years ago, but never started producing them). I suspect they may be researching into products and areas in which they are not using at all.
*Its not all bad news for research however. Some AI are doing it right- The lines making the most money for them are high in research (Eg- Kingcorp is producing gold rings with a quality of 82)
*Some AI (Such as stock AI) are researching too, despite this not benefitting them whatsoever.
*THE BIGGEST PROBLEM THIS TIME: The retail AI this time around have not got much brand power at all. In previous games, they invested heavily in brand, which allowed them to sell products at a much higher margin, but unfortunately not this time... (Eg- Kingcorp are producing Gold Rings with a quality of 82, but have zero brand recognition)
From now on, I think I will turn ON reveal AI trade secrets, it will allow us to more easily see what is going right and wrong
I just thought you might be interested in the progress of the AI thus far. I am playing at lvl 6, and they are not playing as well as previously
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23145017/MAT__001.zip
This is taken just a few days before Global Link goes bankrupt
Overall, I havent had any successful AI in this game.
*The Stock AI are buying and selling stocks, but because the other AI are not very successful, they are losing money.
*The big improvement is the real estate AI. They have made the most money out of the AI this time around, but it could still be better (5-13 mil annual profit after 14 years)
*The AI are researching this time, but I fear it coould be the cause of their bankrupcy. R&D seems to be costing them ALOT and they are not reaping the benefits from it (Eg- Global Link invented Camera Phones 10 years ago, but never started producing them). I suspect they may be researching into products and areas in which they are not using at all.
*Its not all bad news for research however. Some AI are doing it right- The lines making the most money for them are high in research (Eg- Kingcorp is producing gold rings with a quality of 82)
*Some AI (Such as stock AI) are researching too, despite this not benefitting them whatsoever.
*THE BIGGEST PROBLEM THIS TIME: The retail AI this time around have not got much brand power at all. In previous games, they invested heavily in brand, which allowed them to sell products at a much higher margin, but unfortunately not this time... (Eg- Kingcorp are producing Gold Rings with a quality of 82, but have zero brand recognition)
From now on, I think I will turn ON reveal AI trade secrets, it will allow us to more easily see what is going right and wrong