Page 1 of 2

Bug: Warehouse storage hogs all goods until storage is full

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:13 pm
by mwyeoh
Hi David

Ive encountered a problem
The warehouse storage sometimes hogs all the goods until it is full before it gives any to the output, and when it does, it does it for all output and waits again until storage is full

Here is a saved game, I have several warehouses in Nanjing
(In particular, look at my steel warehouse (medium sized) in the middle of the screen when you load the game)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23145017/MATH_009.zip

The problem seems to be more pronounced for low level warehouses. It seems to work better once the warehouse reaches the higher levels

Re: Bug: Warehouse storage hogs all goods until storage is f

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:02 am
by David
This will be fixed in the next patch.

By the way, I saw that you are making substantial profits from your expertise product class (home appliances) in your saved game. It would be interesting to see your strategy of expanding to other industries as you continue to play the game, which may mean more head-on competition with the AI.

Your R&D on automobile makes sense too, as the market has no AI presence yet.

Re: Bug: Warehouse storage hogs all goods until storage is f

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:34 am
by mwyeoh
Hi David

I am really enjoying this game. I have 5-6 competitors in this area (Home appliances) which is forcing me to be competitive, and not rake in the HUGE profits I have been able to so far due to lack of competition

Last game I posted, I already had close to 800mil profits by time time, but I havent been able to because there are many more AI playing well this time. Its really challenging and fun this time!

Re: Bug: Warehouse storage hogs all goods until storage is f

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:09 am
by David
Great to hear that you are having fun with the game and AI! :D

Manufacturing also hogs goods until storage is full

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:15 am
by mwyeoh
Hi David

The fix to warehouses is working really well now.
Could you replicate this change to factories too?? (From manufacturing to sales)

Re: Bug: Warehouse storage hogs all goods until storage is f

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:36 am
by David
In fact, the game will wait until the stock at the manufacturing unit is full before the products will be moved to the sale unit. Actually it has been like this since Cap2 (or possibly Cap1). It is a design choice and works the same for the player and AI (so it is fair).

Re: Bug: Warehouse storage hogs all goods until storage is f

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:22 am
by mwyeoh
David wrote:In fact, the game will wait until the stock at the manufacturing unit is full before the products will be moved to the sale unit. Actually it has been like this since Cap2 (or possibly Cap1). It is a design choice and works the same for the player and AI (so it is fair).
Thats fine.
Its ok for manufacturing as its just a small delay, but the one for warehouses is working great.
It allows us to now stockpile goods from a seaport and also supply our factories at the same time

Re: Bug: Warehouse storage hogs all goods until storage is f

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 am
by kie99
Hi David,

I'm facing quite similiar problem..

I'm using warehouse for private label product with below flow

Input - Private label - Storage - Output - 1st flow is work OK
Input - Private label - Storage - Output - 2nd flow sometime working, sometime not working ( Stop at Storage , product not at output stage )

I will provide the photo for clear picture once i have back home :)

Re: Bug: Warehouse storage hogs all goods until storage is f

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:48 am
by David
kie99 wrote:Hi David,

I'm facing quite similiar problem..

I'm using warehouse for private label product with below flow

Input - Private label - Storage - Output - 1st flow is work OK
Input - Private label - Storage - Output - 2nd flow sometime working, sometime not working ( Stop at Storage , product not at output stage )

I will provide the photo for clear picture once i have back home :)
Could you send me your saved game?

Please see this about sending saved game files:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =291#p1612

Re: Bug: Warehouse storage hogs all goods until storage is f

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:54 am
by Inarius
Is it possible to do the following layout

Input-Private labelling-storage-private labelling-storage-etc.?

That is to say, add several "private labellings" in the same chain ?