Page 1 of 1
Script [LOCKS] question
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:56 am
by rlilje
Can anyone clarify if there is a way to remove just one type of Retail Store, such as Apparel Store, using scripts?
I've found success using the [LOCKS] script to remove an entire category:
[LOCKS]
Firm, Retail Stores
I am building a Mod that is limited to specific types of retail stores and would like to remove unnecessary stores if possible. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?
Re: Script [LOCKS] question
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:25 pm
by rlilje
Ok. So I got confirmation that the [Locks] script is limited to the entire category and cannot be used to remove a single type of retail firm. It's an all or nothing approach. Of course - you can add additional retail buildings through modding the buildings.dbf.
Re: Script [LOCKS] question
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:55 pm
by cantdownloadit
rather than remove all the unused stores, why not copy the settings from some of the stores you are using, that would give a bit more variety as you could have multiple stores that sell the same product type ?
Re: Script [LOCKS] question
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:20 pm
by rlilje
cantdownloadit wrote:rather than remove all the unused stores, why not copy the settings from some of the stores you are using, that would give a bit more variety as you could have multiple stores that sell the same product type ?
My initial goal was to eliminate retail store types for a mod I'm working on that doesn't include several product categories represented in the retail store types. I am adding new retail store types and was hoping to use the Locks script to clean up the interface - I intend to eventually share the mod a didn't want to confuse players by having retail firms available that don't have goods to sell.
I've since found another solution through using the Text Translate function were I can effectively mod the existing firm types into new types by changing the name. It's not a perfect solution but gets the job done.