framework and mechanics
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:01 pm
David, for Ideas that I want to work on more, I like to try and work on framework and mechanics
What I mean by framework is for example
Who owns the company
Whats it's purpose
What it does
The bonuses it could offer
The population by % that it employs
Mechanics is for example
profit = investment - income ect
Is there anything you can mail me or tell me that will help to introduce an idea?
Ie have the programmers or Trevor come up with parameter as to what can and can't be acheived or are they very open to anything?
For example airports, you've seen the post on the beta and on general but how or what do you need to take it forward. A verbal comment on it's use or a more indepth use of how it works in the game or the calculations ( Mechanics as I call it) and the framework ( as I call it ) behind the idea.
It would be helpfull for me but also so I can advice others that have an idea that they want. Are the programmers willing to incorporate something that may require lots of programming or is it more , spreadsheet incorporation? IE things with math calculations with simple programming
for example and airport exists, the menu exists so all you need is the calculations and the text in the field. Whilst internet shopping dosen't exist a building would be required, the calculations would be needed the cpu would need to be programmed, so lots of work would be required.
Again hope this makes sense and look forward to your answers as ever.
What I mean by framework is for example
Who owns the company
Whats it's purpose
What it does
The bonuses it could offer
The population by % that it employs
Mechanics is for example
profit = investment - income ect
Is there anything you can mail me or tell me that will help to introduce an idea?
Ie have the programmers or Trevor come up with parameter as to what can and can't be acheived or are they very open to anything?
For example airports, you've seen the post on the beta and on general but how or what do you need to take it forward. A verbal comment on it's use or a more indepth use of how it works in the game or the calculations ( Mechanics as I call it) and the framework ( as I call it ) behind the idea.
It would be helpfull for me but also so I can advice others that have an idea that they want. Are the programmers willing to incorporate something that may require lots of programming or is it more , spreadsheet incorporation? IE things with math calculations with simple programming
for example and airport exists, the menu exists so all you need is the calculations and the text in the field. Whilst internet shopping dosen't exist a building would be required, the calculations would be needed the cpu would need to be programmed, so lots of work would be required.
Again hope this makes sense and look forward to your answers as ever.