Help with computer retailing
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:33 pm
In my current game I started manufacturing desktop PCs & notebook computers. Eventually after earning several years of very high profit margins (upwards of 65%) I decided to invest heavily into retailing to try and cash in on my products. In all 8 cities I built a mix of department stores & computer stores, gaining a demand bonus & these stores were only built in traffic density areas of 50 or higher. I'm onto year #3 of my retailing expansion and my retailing division has yet to earn a profit.

And if it's any help here is my income statement from the prior year (these screenshots were taken Jan 1st of the current year)

This is a screenshot of production & retail, guess I should have provided seperate screenshots for production, then retail.

I can provide screenshots of other things if required. But basically the problem from what I've noticed is that the AI is buying desktop pcs/notebooks from me under a price contract but they're outselling me in retail. Several of my stores are operating on a loss while the AI is operating on huge profits. My branding is generally higher with all products across all stores but I still can't sell very well. Any help/tips is appreciated.

And if it's any help here is my income statement from the prior year (these screenshots were taken Jan 1st of the current year)

This is a screenshot of production & retail, guess I should have provided seperate screenshots for production, then retail.

I can provide screenshots of other things if required. But basically the problem from what I've noticed is that the AI is buying desktop pcs/notebooks from me under a price contract but they're outselling me in retail. Several of my stores are operating on a loss while the AI is operating on huge profits. My branding is generally higher with all products across all stores but I still can't sell very well. Any help/tips is appreciated.