Page 1 of 1
Automatic generation of descriptions for your firms
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:06 pm
by David
New feature preview of the upcoming Capitalism Lab v2.7.00 beta:
The game will automatically generate descriptions for your firms in the formation of <firm type><number> (City). e.g. "Factory 001 (Sydney)"
Attached is a screenshot showing computer generated firm descriptions.
Re: Automatic generation of descriptions for your firms
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:19 pm
by infoscott

It serves as a pleasant reminder to rename your firms.
Once I get more than about 30 - 40 firms, naming them is the only way I can keep track of which one does what for where. Examples of names I use are:
Large Global Corn HiQ - Sydney // Large farm raising only Corn, high quality, in Sydney for global market
Mart: Bev #1 - Paris // First Convenience Store in Paris selling just Beverage
Med DC Local Wheat/Citric/C.Syrup - Miami // Medium warehouse distribution center storing Wheat, Citric Acid, and Corn Syrup for Miami
Re: Automatic generation of descriptions for your firms
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:28 pm
by counting
I wonder how long can we name them? I tried to be abbreviated, and sometimes ended up confusing myself later. But if it could be very long, perhaps I should just use them as convenient notes.

Re: Automatic generation of descriptions for your firms
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:46 am
by infoscott
In some screens the name truncates, but I haven't found a cutoff yet in the firm's screen where you edit the name.
Yeah, more convenient than maintaining a spreadsheet on all your firms.
Re: Automatic generation of descriptions for your firms
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:48 am
by counting
infoscott wrote:In some screens the name truncates, but I haven't found a cutoff yet in the firm's screen where you edit the name.
Yeah, more convenient than maintaining a spreadsheet on all your firms.
I used to be able to rely on memory alone, and I had a very good memory, but sadly not as good as it used to be with age

Re: Automatic generation of descriptions for your firms
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:32 am
by David
counting wrote:I wonder how long can we name them? I tried to be abbreviated, and sometimes ended up confusing myself later. But if it could be very long, perhaps I should just use them as convenient notes.

You can enter a firm description up to 50 characters long.