a few questions
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:19 pm
Hello everyone! I am new on these forums but I have to say I really like the community here and I found the threads here very helpful. I bought Caplab yesterday but I played Capitalism 2 for countless hours in my early teens which was more than a decade ago. Now I try to play this game again but this time with a more "scientific" approach. There are areas of the game that I haven't figured out yet how to play optimally, so I would appreciate any help.
Before I enlist my questions I'd like to note one more thing: my general playstyle is to aim for a long game where I have a monopoly over everything or at least as many products as possible via tech lead and advertising. I don't like selling livestock or products from the port, I like to set up my own factories immediately. Here are my questions:
1., When I start producing a product in a big city I usually start with large factories immediately because I expect a big demand (or I will generate demand via ads and research). Is it a mistake to always make large factories?
2., Is there an optimal number for number of retail stores/factory? Do I need more factories if the demand is too high, or is it better to not invest more and instead focus on other products? Is it a good strategy to spam shops after I open a new factory (if I can expect a reasonably good demand in early game)? How many shops do you prefer to open after you release a completely new product? Is there an optimal number of shops/city/1 product (consider that in my shops I like selling 4 types of items)?
3., Training. I only use training in factories, farms and mines/logging camps. Should I also train in other places like shops, maybe warehouses? Later in the game you have the option to use your HQ to make mass trainings in the whole organisation.
4., Brand strategies. I read a little about it, but I still don't understand if there is clearly a better strategy than others. I like using range brands, but can unique brands be better in some cases, like if you own a media firm? Does it depend in the number of cities for example?
Thanks in advance!
Before I enlist my questions I'd like to note one more thing: my general playstyle is to aim for a long game where I have a monopoly over everything or at least as many products as possible via tech lead and advertising. I don't like selling livestock or products from the port, I like to set up my own factories immediately. Here are my questions:
1., When I start producing a product in a big city I usually start with large factories immediately because I expect a big demand (or I will generate demand via ads and research). Is it a mistake to always make large factories?
2., Is there an optimal number for number of retail stores/factory? Do I need more factories if the demand is too high, or is it better to not invest more and instead focus on other products? Is it a good strategy to spam shops after I open a new factory (if I can expect a reasonably good demand in early game)? How many shops do you prefer to open after you release a completely new product? Is there an optimal number of shops/city/1 product (consider that in my shops I like selling 4 types of items)?
3., Training. I only use training in factories, farms and mines/logging camps. Should I also train in other places like shops, maybe warehouses? Later in the game you have the option to use your HQ to make mass trainings in the whole organisation.
4., Brand strategies. I read a little about it, but I still don't understand if there is clearly a better strategy than others. I like using range brands, but can unique brands be better in some cases, like if you own a media firm? Does it depend in the number of cities for example?
Thanks in advance!