Page 1 of 1

I find some Bugs at 2.6.12, and suggestion to discuss

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:09 pm
by RunningMan
Hi guys ;) ~I am a Chinese player and I have been playing Capitalism Lab Beta for a long time.
Here is several suggestion and Bugs I want to share with you~(My English is not good but I can guarantee you can understand :roll: )

First ,At 2.6.12 ,inflation always going down,which cause a deflation。In a game,I played 200 years,The deflation index is -125%,which is unreasonable。This is really need to repair , AI can make money easily by holding cash through this bug.

than, a suggestion for CMO. there is an option called"CMO choose media firm and AD budgets" .In my opioion,I think these two should be separated. Because if I control the media market. I can set always 500 000 budgets . In many cases , it's gonna be more flexible.

ok,than media market. I find nothing to describe how the media market works.so i decide to figure it out. The more monthely budgets you set , the quickly content quality growing.the more rating points you get. But! there still sth unreasonable. In my opinion.if two media firms have the same content quality ,long time later,they should have the same rating points. But i find that doesn't work. if 3 TV station share 100% market, I set the 4, upgrade to high content quality. many years later. its ratiog points still 2%,not 25% I suppose. Is this Oligopoly effect or just a bug?

Talk later , go to school~nice to see ya~ :lol:

Re: I find some Bugs at 2.6.12, and suggestion to discuss

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:14 pm
by therealevan
Hi welcome to the forums :)

As far as CMO goes, the CMO/COO/CTO mechanics need to be desperately reworked.

Re: I find some Bugs at 2.6.12, and suggestion to discuss

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:08 am
by counting
I think the inflation problem in far future (hundreds of years) is because the unrealistic base price range for the base variables used in internal economic model breaks boundary condition (But I can run a game to near 2500 if using reverse inflation though, however profitability is bad).

And I'll have to run some experiments and test the media firms rating points competition as well. It seems to be an interesting issue.

Re: I find some Bugs at 2.6.12, and suggestion to discuss

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:34 am
by David
RunningMan wrote:Hi guys ;)First ,At 2.6.12 ,inflation always going down,which cause a deflation。In a game,I played 200 years,The deflation index is -125%,which is unreasonable。This is really need to repair , AI can make money easily by holding cash through this bug.
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game by posting it here as a ZIP file attachment ?
than, a suggestion for CMO. there is an option called"CMO choose media firm and AD budgets" .In my opioion,I think these two should be separated. Because if I control the media market. I can set always 500 000 budgets . In many cases , it's gonna be more flexible.
You may create a poll here on the forum and if there are enough people supporting this change, we may implement it.
ok,than media market. I find nothing to describe how the media market works.so i decide to figure it out. The more monthely budgets you set , the quickly content quality growing.the more rating points you get. But! there still sth unreasonable. In my opinion.if two media firms have the same content quality ,long time later,they should have the same rating points. But i find that doesn't work. if 3 TV station share 100% market, I set the 4, upgrade to high content quality. many years later. its ratiog points still 2%,not 25% I suppose. Is this Oligopoly effect or just a bug?
You may provide us with your save game file which exhibits the issue you described above and we will look into it as well.

Re: I find some Bugs at 2.6.12, and suggestion to discuss

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:23 am
by David
I let the game run overnight and it didn't experience any extensive periods of deflation over 600+ years of time that it ran.

Attached is a screenshot.

Re: I find some Bugs at 2.6.12, and suggestion to discuss

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:42 am
by RunningMan
David wrote:
RunningMan wrote:Hi guys ;)First ,At 2.6.12 ,inflation always going down,which cause a deflation。In a game,I played 200 years,The deflation index is -125%,which is unreasonable。This is really need to repair , AI can make money easily by holding cash through this bug.
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game by posting it here as a ZIP file attachment ?
than, a suggestion for CMO. there is an option called"CMO choose media firm and AD budgets" .In my opioion,I think these two should be separated. Because if I control the media market. I can set always 500 000 budgets . In many cases , it's gonna be more flexible.
You may create a poll here on the forum and if there are enough people supporting this change, we may implement it.
ok,than media market. I find nothing to describe how the media market works.so i decide to figure it out. The more monthely budgets you set , the quickly content quality growing.the more rating points you get. But! there still sth unreasonable. In my opinion.if two media firms have the same content quality ,long time later,they should have the same rating points. But i find that doesn't work. if 3 TV station share 100% market, I set the 4, upgrade to high content quality. many years later. its ratiog points still 2%,not 25% I suppose. Is this Oligopoly effect or just a bug?
You may provide us with your save game file which exhibits the issue you described above and we will look into it as well.

I am so sorry David. I tried to run for several times,but I can not find that bug anymore. Maybe That is just random bug. I am sorry for my not rigorous.